• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's the story on "Smoke Eaters"

gr8full2day

FNG in Training
For those of you that smoke indoors, what do use to remove the smoke/odor? Any reasonably "cheap" units you guys have or tried or...Just a burning question I have had and a request my wife made to occur soon.... :D :laugh:

Hepa filters. I bought one at Home Depot for about $175.00. It's a Honeywell Model 13520.

Works GREAT :thumbs:

Does this suck all the smoke leaving no odor? I can imagine some odor getting stuck in furniture, but would one notice that someone has smoked in the room afterwards?

I have very little in the way of upholstered furniture in that room. The one chair that does have cloth upholstery does indeed retain a sllight odor but it fades after a few days.

It's impossible to compeltely eliminate ALL indications of odor but I tell ya, a few hours after smoking a cigar with tha filter on, I'd challenge just about anyone to pick up on the odor.

Of course if you have a whinning biatch of a significant other, you're going to lose this argument no matter what but again, I'd say that 90% of FAIR non-smokers would be no more offended by the residual odor after using a hepa filter than they would by someone blowing a nasty fart in the same room ;)

coventrycat86 said:
I have very little in the way of upholstered furniture in that room. The one chair that does have cloth upholstery does indeed retain a sllight odor but it fades after a few days.

It's impossible to compeltely eliminate ALL indications of odor but I tell ya, a few hours after smoking a cigar with tha filter on, I'd challenge just about anyone to pick up on the odor.

Of course if you have a whinning biatch of a significant other, you're going to lose this argument no matter what but again, I'd say that 90% of FAIR non-smokers would be no more offended by the residual odor after using a hepa filter than they would by someone blowing a nasty fart in the same room ;)
[snapback]149918[/snapback]​

whining :D

coventrycat86 said:
I'd say that 90% of FAIR non-smokers would be no more offended by the residual odor after using a hepa filter than they would by someone blowing a nasty fart in the same room ;)
[snapback]149918[/snapback]​
Only one way to test this scientificly. Time to boil some cabbage for lunch.

coventrycat86 said:
Hepa filters. I bought one at Home Depot for about $175.00. It's a Honeywell Model 13520.

Works GREAT :thumbs:
[snapback]149652[/snapback]​

The most important thing with one of these (or any brand) is trhat it include an activated charcoal filer. That does more for removing the odor than the HEPA, but that does wonders with the visible smoke (particles).

I second the Honeywell, but you will have to deal with some noise, especially on "High".