• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

whats up fockers.....

Long time no see!!!! I hope all is well with everyone! Its been a long time since I've been on the site but so glad to see a bunch of familiar names! I'm doing pretty good and have been really busy over the last few years. Can't remember exactly how long its been since I've been active on the site but seems like too long.

a couple of years ago my best friend died unexpectedly and it threw me for quite a loop. Its been hard to deal with and I've kinda kept to myself and family since then, but have done a lot of really cool stuff in my process of coping with it. Right before he passed away we had started to get involved with an organization called goruck www.goruck.com and I've done quite a few events in honor of him and its kept me pretty busy. The events are kinda crazy but I keep going back for more lol. This last June I even traveled over to Normandy for an anniversary event for D-Day. It was one of their HTL events which is a Heavy, Tough, and Light done back to back. I trained for over a year for it and it was pretty brutal, but an AMAZING adventure. Total time was around 46 hours and we went about 50 miles. We started the event on Utah beach and focused on what the airborne units did on d day, endex was at St. Mere Eglise which is a pretty historic spot. The second event focused on what the rangers did, so we spent quite a bit of time near Point du Hoc, and finished up near Omaha beach. The last event was pretty much all Omaha beach and alot of time spent at the Normandy American Cemetery. I can't even put into words what it was like spending 3 days following in the footsteps of the brave soldiers that came in on D-Day. We even had the honor and luck of running into a veteran named Jack Port who came in on Utah Beach. I'll post a pic of him and a couple of the event.

Lately I have been getting back into cigars and will do my best to become active in the CP community again! Looking forward to hearing from you guys!
E

I know this is a really, really old thread, but I couldn’t help myself and had to comment! It’s been quite a while since I was active here, but I still enjoy cigars as often as I can (smoking a PSD4 on the first day of my vacation right now actually).

So funny to see Hillbilly Steaks post here. I found this post because I was googling you. This is no shit, my wife and I STILL talk about the Boston butt we got from you a ways back, more than 10 years ago! Was hoping to find that you had opened up shop somewhere and we could get more BBQ from you, but ended up here.

I did my first Goruck in 2016, such a great organization and even better group of people! HTL, in Normandy?! That’s badass, brother!

Good to see your post...even if it was several years ago! Haha!!