• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's Your Favorite Line of Cigars?

Hey, I'm I just an idiot or does anyone else really like the Drew Estate Naturals line??

I really like several of them, of course I tend to like milder cigars and they have several. I haven't had one yet I dont like. I really like Elixer 5-50 and Green Hero. For Stronger stuff my brother really flips over the White Rabbits. I need to make some space in my Humidor so I can get some more to try. I was thinking of buying a box of something like green hero or white rabbit and doing a Naturals only box pass if there was enough interest.

I also tried the Acid line first. The milder Roam and Cold Infussion Tea was good, but I hate the 1400cc. I have tried a couple of the Spice line as well but no big deal there either way really. The Naturals seem the best by far.

I also like Perdomo Rosado's of any kind. I have tried LaEstallia Cubano rosado's looking for a cheeper alternative but they are way too harsh and spicy to be a good rosado the way perdomo's are.

Just my humble two cents worth.

gibu said:
Hey, I'm I just an idiot or does anyone else really like the Drew Estate Naturals line??

I really like several of them, of course I tend to like milder cigars and they have several. I haven't had one yet I dont like. I really like Elixer 5-50 and Green Hero. For Stronger stuff my brother really flips over the White Rabbits. I need to make some space in my Humidor so I can get some more to try. I was thinking of buying a box of something like green hero or white rabbit and doing a Naturals only box pass if there was enough interest.

I also tried the Acid line first. The milder Roam and Cold Infussion Tea was good, but I hate the 1400cc. I have tried a couple of the Spice line as well but no big deal there either way really. The Naturals seem the best by far.

I also like Perdomo Rosado's of any kind. I have tried LaEstallia Cubano rosado's looking for a cheeper alternative but they are way too harsh and spicy to be a good rosado the way perdomo's are.

Just my humble two cents worth.
:lookup:

*me thinks he needs to try the Hemmingway line*

:lookup:

Yeah. Definately.

Welcome to CP again bud :thumbs:

Sam

I think those type of cigars, Acid's and Teten's, are basically what the young crowd is smoking now, it is step up from flavored cigars and a step down from regular cigars. This is the same for people that don't drink wine. They usually start off drinking white zinfandel and when there palate matures then they move up to more quality wine, this is the same for cigars, I don't necessarily hate Acid's or Teten's, they do have some good qualities. But if given a choice between one of those and say a nice Padron well I will take the Padron.

I knew I should have never mentioned Acid. Everyone has an opinion on them. The Natural line is WAY better and I think very good. Never had a bad one.

How would someone with a "Mature Palate" rate the White Rabbits, a strong maduro version??

I don't think that the cigars you mentioned are necessarily bad, it is just that most people have not acquired a palate for those types of cigars. Plus you would need a seperate humidor JUST for those cigars, since you wouldn't want to combine those cigars with say a Opus or Padron. And no I haven't tried those other cigars. :)

gibu said:
I knew I should have never mentioned Acid. Everyone has an opinion on them. The Natural line is WAY better and I think very good. Never had a bad one.

How would someone with a "Mature Palate" rate the White Rabbits, a strong maduro version??
That's why there are some many different cigars out there. Something for everyone.

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke!

I don't know why but recently I'm just hooked on Chateau Fuentes. Finally bought a box and rapidly vanishing.

But I love Hemmingway series and really like ANEJO.

Also La Luna Fuertes

Then Davidoffs -- occasional smokes you understand

Island Boli's and Partagas today...it will probably change by tomorrow though!! :p

Padrons if its a domestic

gibu said:

Hey bud, if you enjoy those cigars by all means smoke them and never apologize for it ;) that's what cigar smoking is all about - enjoying what you smoke.

I would still suggest sampling some other fine lines out there that you might like according to what you have already said about liking mild cigars and such. The experiencing new cigars is half the fun and as you try more, you find that you end up with several favorites.

Lastily, we all have a cigar brand that we personally enjoy and smoke that everyone has an opinion on or that someone will "tease" us about. My cigar that I smoke that I used to get teased alot about is the Onyx Reserve.

So take all the ribbing in good faith, we still like you and want you around here and hey at least now we know where to send our Acid's to, who will enjoy them! :thumbs:

Sam

Hi Everyone. Newbie aboard. New to cigar smoking too but this is what I have so far.

Baccarat Luchadores
Macanudo Petit Coronas
Macanudo Ascots
Macanudo Coronas
Macanudo Devons
El Rey del Mundo Cedros
Padron Ambassador Maduros
Padron 3000 Corona Gordas
Romeo & Julieta Cedros Deluxe #2
La Aroma de Cuba Robustos
Santa Damiana-Habana 2000 Rothschilds
CAO Brazilia Samba- Fiqurados
Ashton Coronas
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #3

I haven't tried them all yet. But each one I do I enjoy. So I don't have a favorite yet.