• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your favorite Pepin Blue Label

vortex

"A billion Eddie Barzoons jogging into the future
Help!

I smoked the Invictos(robusto) and loved it. I imagine that all the vitolas are very similar.

Is this true? Anyone sample a few of them and have a preference?

I'm ready to pull the trigger but I usually like a longer smoke than a robusto. It's a big purchase in my book but before I buy the churchills or belis some feedback would be comforting.

Thanks,

Steve

I'm in the process of sampling all the pepin/tatuaje/padilla's have tried a few of each and so far I think I like the pepin white label serie jj the best, but there's still more to go. I like the creamy goodness of the jj.

I have only had the Robusto, Invictos I think it's called, and it was very good. I bought three several months ago and have one left. If they are all that good I will be trying them all.

Black Labels aren't to bad either IMO.

Robby

I'm a big fan of the Blue Labels and I've tried them all, several times! My favorite in the line is the Imperiales. I have a box of the Invictos, which is a good smoke, but I prefer the Imperiales (which is the torpedo).

As for your question about the vitolas being similar... not really, in my opinion. I definitely prefer the Invictos and Imperiales over the others.

Oh, and by the way, I just had a Cojonu 2003 and it was quite tasty, to say the least. :love: The blue labels are definitely a good smoke for the money, but the brown labels take it to another level!

I perfer the delicias , but only if i can devote atleast an hour ++ to it.

Never had any Pepins so I'll let you know when I try one. No one sells them in my neck of the woods. I have had a couple Tat's though and I understand those are made by Pepin so those would have to be my favorites right now.

Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping I would get some OKs on the Delicias and Imperiales as I was leaning that way. I like longer smokes mainly because you tend to get more development of flavors in the last third.

Now it's down to two and I can flip a coin! :D

I'm hoping it's going to be the Lancero. :cool:

Doc.

I've got a box of Invictos (robusto) and my favorite vitola the Generoso (Toro). They are all quite tasty.

Tried a couple of puffs from the lancero today. Hang on to your hat boys, the first half inch is one of the most stout smokes I've tried. If you normally exhale through your nose, do so very slowly with care given to the quanity. This thing will take you to a new level.
Al told me they settle down after the first inch into a more balanced powerhouse but it is still very strong. I'm really looking forward to this one.

I'm in the process of sampling all the pepin/tatuaje/padilla's have tried a few of each and so far I think I like the pepin white label serie jj the best, but there's still more to go. I like the creamy goodness of the jj.
How is the CI Padilla Archilles ? Have you or any one here tried them yet ? What's the verdict ? I bought like 4 12-packs a while ago when they were on sale at CI but just never had a chance to try them out. I imagine they must be around 1 year old now... Ah, the waiting... :rolleyes:

Doc.

I'm with you, Doc. I'm hoping my box arrives from Al early this week. :)

How is the CI Padilla Archilles ? Have you or any one here tried them yet ? What's the verdict ? I bought like 4 12-packs a while ago when they were on sale at CI but just never had a chance to try them out. I imagine they must be around 1 year old now... Ah, the waiting... :rolleyes:

I've smoked a couple of mazos of these. Not bad, but not the best Padilla out there. I wrote a review for another site, but added it to CP just for you, Andrew: Padilla Achilles Review

Yeah, I am waiting to try the Lancero. I am not going to have much of a chance to smoke this summer but Al told me "they're fucking great"--I think I will give it a go.

Doc.
I didn't get in on that and wish I had. I was low on funds at the time. Also, there was no mention of a price so I assumed it was at least $180 but I didn't know for sure if I could swing it so I couldn't commit. Damn shame! But that's the way that damn ball bounces.

I'm hoping to get a box of Blue Labels now and I'm grateful for that. :thumbs:

Steve