• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats your favorite whiskey

jabba said:
go with the CROWN! (Crown Royal)
[snapback]299629[/snapback]​

Have to second the Crown and Coke.

First off, I'd like to thank you guys for supporting THE biggest employer in the town where I live! Yes, that's right, every bottle of Crown Royal that goes State-side comes from a bottling plant about a mile from where I sit right now!!!

As a second point, it's great whiskey, but almost bordering blasphemey to mix it with anything stronger than water (in it's liquid or solid form)!! :p

being a Kentucky native it is Bourbon and only Bourbon. With a cigar I love Knob Creek, Woodford or Maker's. I cut my bourbon teeth on Maker's.

I generally would not put coke on bourbon, but i understand other people's taste. If you are looking for something to cut the strength of bourbon, while not "taking over" the flavor,.. try a splash of ginger ale with your bourbon,.. mighty fine.

i have to go ahead and say i dont like coke and bourbon or regular whiskey, but when drinking kentucky gentleman the only way to go is a little cola mix! and seeing how that is a staple in my college selection.....

beam black...then knob creek...anything more expensive it gets to be on its own..thanks

You are hereby banned from the saloon. :0

That is just too horrible to even think about.

Johnny Walker Red label with Dr. Pepper. If you haven't tried it you must. :D

You are hereby banned from the saloon. :0

That is just too horrible to even think about.

LOL, aww man come on lol. But I will tell you this, I do not drink alot of different kinds of Whiskey, but I am a huge Johnny walker drinker. Anything above the Red Label, is drank alone on the rocks.

PS. For the Dark Knight (batman) film this year, a local bar had a contest to come up with a drink and using the name Dark Knight. Mine was the second best. (and yes there were more than 2 people involved) :whistling:

Then I guess you know it is Johnnie Walker ;)

But I will tell you this, I do not drink alot of different kinds of Whiskey, but I am a huge Johnny walker drinker.

Seagram's 7 works fine with coke. I hate to put good bourbon with anything so I go the Canadian route! :thumbs:

If I am going taint a whiskey with Coke, I make sure it's the cheaper stuff...i.e. Canadian Club, Canadian LTD etc. If I have the better whiskeys like Crown, Maker's Mark or Woodford I drink it neat. I have not had the chance to try anything like Booker's or higher yet, though I am looking forward to it someday. I love a good whiskey.

who would have thunk it Red Label and DP...i guess not more unusual than the Vodka and Redbull the kids are drinking these days...Might have to try it...cheers

When mixing with cola, I am a huge Jack Daniels fan. It is all I used to drink. In fact my bar is made out an Jack Daniel's barrel. Now I am more of scotch guy.

Jack and Coke.

Jack is a sweeter and smoother whiskey than Beam and IMO goes well with Coke and a lime wedge.

My favorite is Old Charter 12 Year Old. They have quit making it so it is getting very hard to find. My brother-in-law and I are having a bourbon war trying to buy it all up. The distributors have brought in some jugs they got from other parts of the country where it does not move too fast. It is good stuff.

Others I have tried and like are Eagle Rare 10 Year Old, Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage, and Woodford.

Did not like Jack or Jim.

jef

The Evan Williams around here says extra aged, but does not specify for how long. And it's Kentucky, sour mash.

When I want something nice - Crown Royal

When I want something a little less expensive - Wisers (regular or De Lux)

When i'm going for the cheapies - Canadian Club or Black Velvet ( A.K.A Bush Velvet)

Early college years it was Beam and coke. During the fraternity years it was Evan and coke. Now it is Seagram's 7 with splash of soda.