• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your favorite wrapper?

dlow

Noob
I tried a search and turned up nothing, so please excuse if this has been posted before.

Given the choice between 2 cigars you've never tried such as maduro vs. natural, what would you choose and why? I believe that I personally prefer dark Maduro's as they seem to have more flavor. Of course, what do I know? What's your opinion?

Don't limit yourself. Some have learned to match the smoke to the mood. Right now, I'm smoking a maduro (JFR Titan). Lately though, I'm favoring Cameroon.

Don't limit yourself. Some have learned to match the smoke to the mood. Right now, I'm smoking a maduro (JFR Titan). Lately though, I'm favoring Cameroon.

I've always heeded Bruce's wisdom, and I agree. I'm a fan of maduros mainly, but enjoy a cameroon wrapper for their "sweet" taste on occasion. YMMV, though. :thumbs: ;)

I've always heeded Bruce's wisdom, and I agree. I'm a fan of maduros mainly, but enjoy a cameroon wrapper for their "sweet" taste on occasion. YMMV, though. :thumbs: ;)

I was just thinking I need to branch out and try other things. I'll pick up a cameroon or two next time I go to the shop.

Have to agree, all the wrappers are tasty in their own way, you'll find that they are better at one time or another. Maduro is still my favorite and Cuban seed is definately outstanding. :thumbs:

I like most wrappers, and go by my mood. I especially like the VSG wrapper.

I was just thinking I need to branch out and try other things. I'll pick up a cameroon or two next time I go to the shop.

Good choice. Try a bit of everything and see what suits you. Then try it all again in six months and see how your tastes have changed.

Edited to add, after a bit of searching:

Here's a good thread that I learned a lot from about the wrapper's actual influence.

I will add no commentary on the original poster and his departure, as I'm a newbie and that's not my place.

When given the choice between Maduro and Natural, I always pick sun-grown. ;)

Doc.

I have found that if I buy based solely on a cigar having a sun grown habano wrapper, I end up liking it. However, lately Rosado wrappers have been intriguing me more and more - and I love maduros.

Mostly Maduro, but when I open my humi I dont really think about it.
Almost everytime I never smoke what I was thinking about smoking that day.

Love them all and pick based on mood.

I agree with a lot of the previous posts. My preferences seem to wax and wane, in some cases depending on the season. For example, I love cameroons but find that they split ferociously when the weather turns cold. I even had a slight split in one recently that I was smoking in my garage. That said, I have grown to really enjoy Ecuadorian Sumatran wrappers - or Ecuadorian in general, and many oscuros (led by the Oscuro Cabinets rolled by LFD).
But experiment with different tastes to suit different moods and you'll find variety is the spice of a BOTL's life.

I awalys find it depends on what mood I'am in really. Try them all see what you like the most and go from there.

I tend to reach for Natural and then Maduro last, given the many other options. The only wrapper I really avoid entirely is Sumatra. Not a fan...

Mostly Madruo for me also, but like most have already said I go for differnt wrappers based on mood.

Lately I've been a huge fan of Tatuaje's maduro connecticut broadleaf(tat frank, el triunfador, etc). But I don't look at the wrapper specifically when choosing cigars.

I almost always reach for the maduro first if trying a new stick. However there are way too many good cigars out there to limit yourself and I find that often my tastes go in mini cycles.

Been enjoying Sun Grown wrappers a lot lately. I'm really not too particular about wrappers but am not too crazy about Connecticut broadleaf natural wrapped cigars.

I love me some Maduros... I will smoke just about anything though. However, I dont think I've ever had a Connecticut shade that I've enjoyed.