• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your favorite wrapper?

From my limited experience I'll say that I prefer maduro wrappers but that doesn't mean that I wont try anything that's not maduro. I want to try everything that I can get my hands on with an open mind to ensure that I can find as many favorites that I can!

"Natural" and "Maduro" are both pretty broad categories, really. I'm not a huge fan of Connecticutt wrappers, for example, but . . . sungrown, corojo, even rosado might be considered more or less "natural." Or at least non-maduro.

As for maduros, look at the difference in color and taste within a single company: the Camacho Triple Maduro and Diploma Maduro are completely different wrappers. Hate the former, love the latter.

A lot depends on the cigar it's around. I'm not a fan of HdM Sumatra, but that Edge Sumatra was one of the best smokes I've had in any price range, hands down. Can't stand CAO's Cameroon offerings---any of 'em---but like the new Cusano Cameroon lineup, especially the perfecto. And while I'm not a huge maduro fan in general . . . that JFR maddie is a fine, fine smoke.

~Boar

Broadleaf Maduro. I also prefer sungrown as the leaf tends to be a bit thicker giving more flavor IMHO.

Not much love for corojos on here? These are my go to choice, sun-grown second

Not much love for corojos on here? These are my go to choice, sun-grown second

Perish the thought! I love corojo and probably have more of those in my collection than anything. But I also enjoy Ecuadorian Sumatra, maduro, cammies, and even the occasional broadleaf. Variety, variety, variety.

Corojo wrappers dominate what I smoke lately... But as someone said earlier, isn't natural vs. maduro more a broad category covering the growing process, rather than the actual type of wrapper leaf?