• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's Your Favourite "Rock Oriented" Christmas Music?

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
For me, the top by far is "I Believe In Father Christmas" by Greg Lake of ELP fame. After that is Jethro Tull's "Christmas Song" and John Lennon's "Happy X/Mas(War Is Over)".

While I don't have one of their CDs, the Trans Siberian Orchestra I think made a special delivery to Santa for me and their music may just be the best crossover between rock & classic.

So, list your favourites here, what do you like to listen to this time of year???

I have rock guitar compilation CD called Merry Axemas. It's got Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Jeff Beck, Steve Morse, Joe Perry, Richie Sambora, etc...

I have no idea of the name of the song or artist, but it's this chick singing about meeting a guy at the supermarket and having christmas dinner with him. They play it on the radio sometimes.......

I definitely say the transiberian orchestra they played in DC last week and i went and saw them, wow, their said is so unique its awesome.

Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses to answer your question

I have no idea of the name of the song or artist, but it's this chick singing about meeting a guy at the supermarket and having christmas dinner with him. They play it on the radio sometimes.......

2000 Miles - The Pretenders

Christmas Song - Dave Matthews Band

By and far the best Christmas Song out there.

Gary Hoey!! HE is an amazing guitarist and put out a rockin xmas CD. Search him out on I-Tunes

Edit to add Linky

I definitely say the transiberian orchestra they played in DC last week and i went and saw them, wow, their said is so unique its awesome.
I second this. TSO is amazing. :thumbs:

I second this. TSO is amazing. :thumbs:

I've been going to see TSO for the past 5 years, just awesome! If you need a fix just do a search at YOUTUBE, you wont be dissapionted.

C&R

Trans-Siberian by far. How ever the opera singing along with the rock styled music clashes to me sometimes. Still its fantastic.

Elvis - Blue Christmas

Bing Crosby and David Bowie - Little Drummer Boy

For me, the top by far is "I Believe In Father Christmas" by Greg Lake of ELP fame. After that is Jethro Tull's "Christmas Song" and John Lennon's "Happy X/Mas(War Is Over)".

While I don't have one of their CDs, the Trans Siberian Orchestra I think made a special delivery to Santa for me and their music may just be the best crossover between rock & classic.

So, list your favourites here, what do you like to listen to this time of year???

Tull's Christmas song is one of my favs too... I like the line, "The Christmas Spirit is not what you drink"

I also like the Beach Boy's song in the Coke ad... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL4DbMAe-d0
The name of the song escapes me right now.