• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your latest Pipe and tobacco purchase?

A Zippo - 1969 Moonlander 25th Anniversary lighter MIB via Ebay, Also bought a butane insert for it and a tin of Westminster to try from an online vender.

Very excited about my first pipe. This is a Barontini that I got from eBay. And went down to the drugstore and picked up some Borkum Riff. My order from Smokingpipes should have arrived today but UPS lost the package :angry: SP told me they would ship out again on Monday.
DSCN0999-1.jpg

I dont have one myself but I have heard nothing but glowing reviews of the baki meers.

I've looked at them and they look very well made and have a good rep. I just can't decide on a design or shape. Every time I think I have a decision made, I see something else that changes my mind. :laugh:

I'm really liking my baki - I'd actually been eyeing another on the site when the one I got came on, first time I saw it I _knew_ that was the one I wanted and ordered it that day. smokes like a dream too
0aabakikckbntc.jpg

only part I wasn't happy about was the horribly long time that it too to arrive - mailed from FL on Dec 7, priority, didn't arrive til Dec 30 (29?) - meanwhile, by reports, regular airmail shipments were only taking 14 days to arrive :( also have yet to receive any reply to my follow-up email to inquire why it took so bloody long ???

I'm waiting on an order from pipesandcigars, 8 oz of Butternut Burley. I went through 2 oz in a week. :p

Just got a 100gm tin of Frog Morton On The Town, and a 50 gm tin of Frog Morton. I just can't get enough of the stuff!!!

Sorry to interrupt/not follow the thread's title, however I have been wondering:

What is meant by 'cake' or 'kake', when describing tobacco? Thanks.

Sorry to interrupt/not follow the thread's title, however I have been wondering:

What is meant by 'cake' or 'kake', when describing tobacco? Thanks.

Its a type of tobacco that is pressed and cut into strips..you can crumble it up and it will fall apart.

Sometimes it's also left in larger pieces, rather than cut into strips, in which case you'd have to cut it first - then rub it out.

Is this the same thing as 'flake' tobacco, or does this come in a pouch?

Pretty much, but it matters who you ask. ;)

Flakes are the slices cut off of cakes. Flake tobacco is steamed, pressed, and heated in processing and then sliced to put into tins, pouches, etc. Depending on the cut and the density of the cake, they can fold or be rubbed out. Generally, the denser the cake (and thus the flakes), the more difficult they are to rub out.

There are tobaccos like Penzance that are less dense that break apart very easily that are commonly referred to as "crumble cakes". There's debate by some whether these are technically flakes, but it just doesn't REALLY matter. It is pressed into cakes and sliced, but the slices are not nearly as dense as most flake tobaccos.

You can buy cakes or plugs of tobacco and slice off your own flakes or slices.

Hope that helps. This is all jut my own interpretation of things, so if anyone can correct the info I hope they do.

4 tins of christmas cheer 2009

1 100gr tin of blackwoods,24 and st.james woods.

a tin of 633 and aged burley flake

a tin of wessex burley slice

a tin of davidoff royalty

I've also recently traded to get 4 tins of christmas cheer 07 and a tin of christmas cheer 03

4 tins of christmas cheer 2009

I've also recently traded to get 4 tins of christmas cheer 07 and a tin of christmas cheer 03

Wow, like that Christmas Cheer eh?

Interested in trading out one of the 07's you just got
wub.gif

2oz of each tin G.L. Pease Maltese Falcon and Westminster :D Good stuff :thumbs:

Cellared some favs before the tax hike. :0

2 - McConnell's Oriental (50g) Tin
1 - Cornell & Diehl Exhausted Rooster (8 oz tin)
3 - Orlik Golden Sliced (50g tin)
2 - McClelland Grand Orientals Yenidje Supreme (50g) Tin
2 - McClelland Grand Orientals - Drama Reserve (50g) Tin

Well, been wanting a couple of things here lately. A new pipe, and new tobaccos to try(even though I still have unopened tins to try). Really been wanting a decent unfinished pipe and finally found one that fit the bill. It is also the first Petersen in my collection. Picked up a small pipe rack to go beside my new smoking chair, and a new ashtray for beside my smoking chair. Picked up several new baccy's. Before long I am going to have to get some type of cabinet for storing my tobacco in.

C&D Exhausted Rooster
GL Pease Westminster
GL Pease Maltese Falcon
Mccleland Grand Orientals Yenice Agonya
Mac Baren Roll Cake (My grandfather used to smoke a pipe years ago, and after he passed my dad found an empty tin of this in his things. So I gotta try some of what my Grandfather smoked)
Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader
also picked up some more Escudo since I am out

Then here is my new Petersen
http://www.smokingpipes.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=58965
B

Well, been wanting a couple of things here lately. A new pipe, and new tobaccos to try(even though I still have unopened tins to try). Really been wanting a decent unfinished pipe and finally found one that fit the bill. It is also the first Petersen in my collection. Picked up a small pipe rack to go beside my new smoking chair, and a new ashtray for beside my smoking chair. Picked up several new baccy's. Before long I am going to have to get some type of cabinet for storing my tobacco in.

C&D Exhausted Rooster
GL Pease Westminster
GL Pease Maltese Falcon
Mccleland Grand Orientals Yenice Agonya
Mac Baren Roll Cake (My grandfather used to smoke a pipe years ago, and after he passed my dad found an empty tin of this in his things. So I gotta try some of what my Grandfather smoked)
Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader
also picked up some more Escudo since I am out

Then here is my new Petersen
002-029-7335.jpg

B
Nice pipe, bro. Those are some of my favorite blends you bought, too!

I took a chance and bought an 8oz tin of C&D Murphy's Mistake. Never tried it but I'm a sucker for serendipity. All they tell you is it's a small batch of very popular English blend that was accidentally blended with sweetened cavendish instead of unsweetened.

If I don't like it I'll make up some newbie samplers. :D

Steve