• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your latest Pipe and tobacco purchase?

Going to dive in an try 1st time pipe smoking. Here is what I bought .
Pipes

Bjarne Viking Sandblast Sandblast w/ Yellow Dublin #2

Baraccini Mahogany Rustic Mahogany Rustic Calabash

Tobacco

Lane BCA. 4oz
Lane 1-Q. 4oz
Frog on the town 3.5oz

Plus some misc accessories.
Looking forward to it.

G L Pease Night Harbor, Sextant, PIcadilly, Embarcardero,Lagonda, Jack Knife, Westminter. Davidoff Danish Mix, Balkan Luxury 957.

Davidoff is good - Didn't experience the bite that others have reported. Smoking it slow in a MM Cobb. 

I haven't cracked any of the other tins except the Sextant. That was an eye opener. Loved this one. First pipe baccy that I thought competed with better cigars.

I was at a local B&M today and as I exited the humidor i looked to my left and saw some MM Corncobs...
I'va been checking out this section lately and I decided to buy one.
Then I picked up an pouch of Borkum Riff Special Mixture #8... almost everything else they had was flavored.
Of yeah and I got a soft flame butane lighter too...all my other ones are torches that I use for cigars.
I need to find a good place to find some good tobaccos, since their choices were pretty limited.
Maybe I'll contact Keystone Raider for a sampler...

Sterling, what have you tried so far, and what interests you the most?

My suggestion is: while samplers are great, avoid the urge to try as many different blends as possible and focus on differentiating between the different types of blends. While a lot of folks suggest that new smokers start with mild blends, Greg Pease suggests otherwise. Since newer smokers cannot discern the nuances of milder tobaccos, he thinks they would be better served by smoking a blend that has a strong, clear and straight forward flavor.

That Borkum Riff is the only thing I've had in my pipe since I bought it so far.

What I really want is to sample each of the different pipe tobacco types by themselves to help understand the characteristics of each so I have a better idea of what I want to try next.
I'm not interested in the added cherry, apple, vanilla or whiskey flavorings.  They have their place, but i really want to experience the different tobaccos. 
The BR Special Mix #8 is a Va and Cavendish mix.

sterlingnotes said:
That Borkum Riff is the only thing I've had in my pipe since I bought it so far.

What I really want is to sample each of the different pipe tobacco types by themselves to help understand the characteristics of each so I have a better idea of what I want to try next.
I'm not interested in the added cherry, apple, vanilla or whiskey flavorings.  They have their place, but i really want to experience the different tobaccos. 
The BR Special Mix #8 is a Va and Cavendish mix.

I was the same way when I started a few months ago.  I'd buy a few tins to find out what I liked.  Even the stuff I didn't like, after a couple of months I would try it again and end up loving it.  A few of my favorites from the different blends are:

Virginia/Perique:  Escudo, Dunhill Elizabethan Mixture, Esoterica Dunbar
Virginia:  Dunhill Flake, SG Full Virginia Flake, Capstan Blue Flake
English:  Dunhill My Mixture 865, Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, Esoterica And So To Bed
Balkan:  Germain's Eighteen Twenty, H&H White Knight
Virginia/Burley:  Carter Hall, Three Nuns

There are many others, but I think those are excellent examples of the different blends.

Just ordered:

G. L. Pease: Haddo's Delight 2oz 
G. L. Pease: Blackpoint 2oz 
G. L. Pease: Fillmore 2oz 
Hearth & Home: Larry's Blend 1.5oz
Hearth & Home: Blackhouse 50g 
Captain Black: Dark 1.5oz 

Peterson
Kinsale Smooth (XL12) P-Lip
002-029-21500.jpg

Nording Moss Partially Rusticated Bent Dublin (F)
002-508-3033.jpg

They had a really nice looking used Oom Paul for $55 but somebody bought before I had a chance to :angry:  

Sutliff Private Stock: Maple Street
Peter Stokkebye Mango
Peter Stokkebye Dansk Black
Peter Stokkebye Peaches & Creme 
H&H Signature Berry Nice
Sutliff Private Stock: Barbados Plantation
Sutliff Private Stock: Black Swan
4th Generation 1897
Mac Baren 7 Seas Black
Peterson Connoisseur's Choice
W.O. Larsen 1864 Perfect Mixture
W.O. Larsen Old Fashioned
W.O. Larsen Signature

2 missouri meerschaum the wizard Cobbit
cobbit_wizard_corn_cob_pipe.jpg

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting to be able to open his presents!
I can't wait for this stuff to get here.
Quality pipes!
My last pipe was one of those things they used to sell in Walgreens a long time ago.

sterlingnotes said:
I was at a local B&M today and as I exited the humidor i looked to my left and saw some MM Corncobs...
I'va been checking out this section lately and I decided to buy one.
Then I picked up an pouch of Borkum Riff Special Mixture #8... almost everything else they had was flavored.
Of yeah and I got a soft flame butane lighter too...all my other ones are torches that I use for cigars.
I need to find a good place to find some good tobaccos, since their choices were pretty limited.
Maybe I'll contact Keystone Raider for a sampler...

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/brands/pipe-tobacco/

This (and Cigar Bid) is who I get all of my cigars from.
Fast shippers just great to deal with.
And if you're impatient (like me :whistling: ) they also offer UPS 3 day, second day and next day at decent prices.
They also offer USPS Priority Mail IIRC.

I think I will definitely be an aromatic smoker.
Some of these non-aromatics smell like BBQ'd goat ass
man_vomiting.png

eGhxeGZqMTI=_o_projectile-vomiting.jpg

03-029-0050 
BTF28-4  G. L. Pease: Fillmore 2oz 
Options: 1 $9.86 $9.86 003-041-0014  BTW16-2  McClelland: Craftsbury: Frog Morton on the Bayou 100g
Options: 1 $14.64 $14.64 003-059-0001  BTF07-1  Samuel Gawith: Squadron Leader 50g 
Options: 1 $9.07 $9.07 003-673-0001  BTF09-2  Missouri Meerschaum: Missouri Pride 1.5oz 
Options: 1 $4.99 $4.99 005-595-0004  BBW02-4  Comoy's: Cask No.4 
Options: 2oz 1 $4.85 $4.85 012-677-0001  BLW17-3  Tobacco Samples: Sutliff Maple Street 1.5oz tin 
Options: Free Sutliff Tobacco Tin 1

My latest submission to my severe TAD, treated by SmokingPipes. I've gone mostly to pipes over the last year. The variety is huge. But I still go through a box of cigars every month or two. Just finished two boxes of old Eddie Ortega Bats (Murcielagos) I found in a wharehouse.

diapanos said:
man_vomiting.png

English / Oriental / Balkan sure have a stronger smell to them, not your typical '' smells like vanilla cake when you're done smoking'' kind of thing! But once you learn to appreciate them, they're actually pretty good. Also, if you like to age your tobacco (cigars or pipe tobacco) it's pretty much pointless with aromatics, but very beneficial with  English, Oriental, Balkan, VaPer, Virginias. 

I smoke the occasional aro, but prefer english blends. It's all a matter of taste, and moment in time. A buddy of mine who smoke Captain Black Royal exclusively for close to 30 years (and lots of it) just turned to english, when he tried the right one....

But like they say, the important thing is that you smoke what you enjoy, not what everyone does....

giannilibrizzi said:

man_vomiting.png

English / Oriental / Balkan sure have a stronger smell to them, not your typical '' smells like vanilla cake when you're done smoking'' kind of thing! But once you learn to appreciate them, they're actually pretty good. Also, if you like to age your tobacco (cigars or pipe tobacco) it's pretty much pointless with aromatics, but very beneficial with  English, Oriental, Balkan, VaPer, Virginias. 

I smoke the occasional aro, but prefer english blends. It's all a matter of taste, and moment in time. A buddy of mine who smoke Captain Black Royal exclusively for close to 30 years (and lots of it) just turned to english, when he tried the right one....

But like they say, the important thing is that you smoke what you enjoy, not what everyone does....

I will definitely smoke at least one bowl of each but not until my corn cob pipes come.
Those blends (Heart & Home Blackhouse, & Larry's Blend, & GL Pease Blackpoint) have very strong smells and I wouldn't want them ghosting my briars until I at least know that I like them.
Maybe they smoke/taste better than they smell in the tin.

8 ounces of Peter Stokkebye Balkan Supreme.

(My debit card just informed that if I buy anything else it's gonna kick me in the nuts and run away from home :0 )