• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's Your Latest Purchase? 2017

No, I'm the oldest boy and got beat for breathing too loud. I only wish I could have been the invisible middle child.
Thanks for the change, sponsor sounds good, plus we can always guess! At least you showed the way for your siblings.

Thanks for the change, sponsor sounds good, plus we can always guess! At least you showed the way for your siblings.

Actually, she got away with what ever the hell she wanted to do. I'd get accused of and punished for crap I never did.

Didn't mean to single you out Scap, just didn't catch Zeemanb's post. Thanks for following up.

It's all good, I'm fighting spring allergies, so I'm a whiny little bitch this week.

I really thought it would be ok since the vendor is a sponsor, but I totally understand the need to be discreet.

My apologies for showing my ass.

Just an observation on the vendor being mentioned in some of the previous posts. If the vendor is getting dropped from the original post all the people that quoted the post needs to remove the vendor too. @Garista

IMG_2305.jpg

Finally got everything in:
Xikar Xi2 Granite Silver Cutter
Xikar Allume Double Steel Lighter
Coleman 9 Quart Excursion Cooler
Boveda 69% Rh 2-Way Humidity Control, Large 60 g, 4 Pack

Now I am ready for my Newbie Sampler Trade!

LarryH, thank you! I wouldn't mind if it ends up being the case :) I have no cigars at the moment though so I didn't want to go overboard and be humidifying empty space when I do get some. I had been looking at tupperware and this cooler was the same price as large tupperware ($12) but will hopefully hold better against temp swings. I know I'd need a bigger one for boxes but this will be my storage for singles until I have enough time in the hobby that I am comfortable spending what I need on a decent humidor.

IMG_3369.PNG
I ran out of space in my humidors and cooler and just bought a couple of these to put cigars in for longer term storage. I'm going to put them in the basement for the consistent temp. The only drawback I saw was they had a plastic smell when I opened the package. So I clean them out with soap and water and wipe the inside down with vodka since I didn't have any Everclear. As soon as I get the Everclear I'm going to use it to wipe them out again. I shall check them frequently the first week or two to make sure the plastic smell doesn't come back.

PS I put in some trays made of cedar to help.

Last edited: