• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's Your Latest Purchase - 2018

Yet another bottle of George T. Stagg. Manager at Spec's had one waiting for me when I swung by to restock the house tipples.

New Year's Eve just got unexpectedly festive!

~Boar
Do tell, how does one establish that kind of relationship with one’s liquor store manager?

Do tell, how does one establish that kind of relationship with one’s liquor store manager?

Buy a lot of high end Scotch. ;)

Spec's has a points system, tracked thru a key card when you buy . . . . and I'm a drinker, so I've bought a fifth a week (at least) since they opened here. Lots of Glendronach, Balvenie, Benriach, Dalmore, Glenmorangie, etc. Lots of different bourbons, rums, vodkas too. When they get BTAC, Blantons or Pappy's in, special releases, that sort of thing, it stays in the manager's office & only goes to the people on "The List."

I've got well over 20K points now. Probably closer to 30K. :oops:

Also I'm friendly, and talk to Andy about Scotch & bourbon, so if something sits in the office for awhile, he'll ask if he can offer it to me next time I'm in. This has been an unusually good year---after years of NO Stagg, they've gotten multiple cases over time. I think this is bottle #5 for me, and I've gotten 3 Blanton's and an Old Forester Birthday Bourbon as well.

Can't ever predict when something will be available, but when Andy says he has something for me, the answer's ALWAYS "Oh hell yes!" :D

~Boar

Buy a lot of high end Scotch. ;)

Spec's has a points system, tracked thru a key card when you buy . . . . and I'm a drinker, so I've bought a fifth a week (at least) since they opened here. Lots of Glendronach, Balvenie, Benriach, Dalmore, Glenmorangie, etc. Lots of different bourbons, rums, vodkas too. When they get BTAC, Blantons or Pappy's in, special releases, that sort of thing, it stays in the manager's office & only goes to the people on "The List."

I've got well over 20K points now. Probably closer to 30K. :oops:

Also I'm friendly, and talk to Andy about Scotch & bourbon, so if something sits in the office for awhile, he'll ask if he can offer it to me next time I'm in. This has been an unusually good year---after years of NO Stagg, they've gotten multiple cases over time. I think this is bottle #5 for me, and I've gotten 3 Blanton's and an Old Forester Birthday Bourbon as well.

Can't ever predict when something will be available, but when Andy says he has something for me, the answer's ALWAYS "Oh hell yes!" :D

~Boar
Maybe it’s me, but mylocal ABC store doesn’t seem so warm and inviting. Every time I go it’s a different guy behind the counter. Ours is state run so it seems to have more in common with a post office then a commercial company.

Maybe it’s me, but mylocal ABC store doesn’t seem so warm and inviting. Every time I go it’s a different guy behind the counter. Ours is state run so it seems to have more in common with a post office then a commercial company.

Spec's is a Texas chain store out of, I believe, Houston. The first time I was in one there I was blown away---the Scotch AISLE went on for MILES, it felt like---so I was really happy to see them open here. They're big on customer service, the personal touch, and have floor managers with different specialties. Andy's the bourbon & Scotch guy, so we got to know each other right away. ;)

~Boar

Spec's is a Texas chain store out of, I believe, Houston. The first time I was in one there I was blown away---the Scotch AISLE went on for MILES, it felt like---so I was really happy to see them open here. They're big on customer service, the personal touch, and have floor managers with different specialties. Andy's the bourbon & Scotch guy, so we got to know each other right away. ;)

~Boar
Sounds similar to Total Wine however VA is a state controlled liquor store state so with that comes a corresponding mindset and culture.