• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's your Superbowl drink III

Nice choices! I have had the three on the right and all are great. That arrogant bastard is a classic. Next time I am in Seattle I plan to try the Alaskan Smoked Porter, it seems to be highly thought of.

I've heard good stuff about the Alaskan Smoked Porter (SWISSY!!!)! This is the first time I have even seen it!
They had a 12oz bottle of the Oaked Arrogant Bastard... I should have grabbed it!!!

Bro, next time you're in my neck of the woods... Me, you, and xRanger MUST get together for a smoke, and some good drinks!!!
Have you had the Double Bastard yet? I like it the best out of all three (oaked, arrogant and double). Yeah I would guess the Tap House up there has the Alaskan Smoked Porter on tap, I forgot to ask last month when I was there although I was mesmerized by a few rares they had.. :whistling:

And it is looking like I will be back later this month, the 20-23 I think. I am confirming on Monday and will let you know!

This will be my first of ANYTHING from Stone!!! :blush:
What were the few rares that mesmerized you?

As far as I am concerned you can't go wrong with anything from Stone, Unibroue, or Dogfish head. They each have seasonal releases that are sometimes as hard to find as the rare fuentes!

When I was at the Taphouse they had the St. Bernardus Abt 12 on tap which is the first time I had seen it except for in the bottle. It was incredible! Here is some info on it. LINK They also had a couple of rare Trappsit brews. I love that place. :love:

As far as I am concerned you can't go wrong with anything from Stone, Unibroue, or Dogfish head. They each have seasonal releases that are sometimes as hard to find as the rare fuentes!

When I was at the Taphouse they had the St. Bernardus Abt 12 on tap which is the first time I had seen it except for in the bottle. It was incredible! Here is some info on it. LINK They also had a couple of rare Trappsit brews. I love that place. :love:

Damn... I just checked the Taphouse website... 160 on tap! :love: I think that place is fairly new. I need to check it out!!!

I was trying to decide what to drink during the big game and think I have it figured out. First beer, then some scotch.

First off will be the 3/26/06 release of the Dogfish Head Imperial Pilsner aka "Golden Shower". Info here.
29395.jpg

I'm interested to hear what you think of the Golden Shower. I was greatly disappointed in it. To me, a Pilsner should be dry. Of course an Imperial will be hoppier and stronger, But DFH's rendition had a residual sweetness to it that didn't fit the style, and frankly didn't even taste good.

Enough with the vodka martinis, I'm celebrating with Oban 14 and a Padron 64.

I was trying to decide what to drink during the big game and think I have it figured out. First beer, then some scotch.

First off will be the 3/26/06 release of the Dogfish Head Imperial Pilsner aka "Golden Shower". Info here.
29395.jpg

I'm interested to hear what you think of the Golden Shower. I was greatly disappointed in it. To me, a Pilsner should be dry. Of course an Imperial will be hoppier and stronger, But DFH's rendition had a residual sweetness to it that didn't fit the style, and frankly didn't even taste good.
This was my second go round with this beer and I agree with you. The taste is a bit off balance and there is sweetness that overpowers the other characteristics. I thought is was pretty drinkable and I enjoyed it but definitely some draw backs. From what I have heard they are not going to make this particular Imperial Pils any longer and will be releasing a newly branded version later this year.

That being said the star of the night was the XXX Warlock Double Imperial Stout. By the time I drank it I wasn't in the state of mind to take any tasting notes but it was fantastic. Man it was full of monstrous rich flavors. I can't wait to try this again as my first drink of the night sometime soon.

This was my second go round with this beer and I agree with you. The taste is a bit off balance and there is sweetness that overpowers the other characteristics. I thought is was pretty drinkable and I enjoyed it but definitely some draw backs. From what I have heard they are not going to make this particular Imperial Pils any longer and will be releasing a newly branded version later this year.

That's pretty much my impression of all DFH beers. They're fundamentally sound and high quality, but they just don't ferment them down as far as I think they should. I used to love 90 Minute, but can't stand that sweetness anymore. But, it's just like wine, cigars, etc.....we all have our preferences.

I've never heard of XXX Warlock Double Imperial Stout. With a name as cumbersome as that, it had better be good! Is XXX the brewery?

Speaking of DFH and sweetness, have you had the Raison D'extra?

The Warlock is made by Bristol Brewing Company down in Colorado Springs. Here is a link with some info and a few reviews.

Speaking of DFH and sweetness, have you had the Raison D'extra?

The Warlock is made by Bristol Brewing Company down in Colorado Springs. Here is a link with some info and a few reviews.

Not the Extra. I've had the regular D'Etre (or whatever it's called). What's funny is a buddy of mine got a bad bottle. It had soured.....and it was excellent! He was convinced that's the way it was supposed to be, and I couldn't tell him any different. Needless to say he was disappointed the next time he tried it. I'm assuming the Extra is really sweet, too.

Thanks for the info on the imp. stout. Looks interesting!