• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

When it rains...it pours!

Rob_k

If it ain't Scottish...it's crap!
So, as the old saying goes...when it rains it pours. Went to work as ususal, boss calls me at 3:45, tells me I will be layed off as of Monday. Gives me the severance deal, tells me to call him Monday a.m. and grab my stuff from my desk. Tells me it will probably be a temporary thing, and I will be able to collect unemployment (somthing I dread, but have to do it) as my wife and I cannot survive on one income. My have to gt rid of the beloved FJ if the budget doesn't balance out. 6yrs of dedicated service with this company, needless to say, I am still kinda shocked. :(
Rob

Sorry to hear the bad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Damn that sucks bro, very sorry to hear they'd do that to ya. Sorry sunsabritches. Here's hoping that a better job is just around the corner!

That stinks Rob, hope everything works out for you guys.

very very sorry to hear this brother. I am the same way in regards to being able to make it on one income. I wish you luck in getting a better job ASAP!!

Don

Good luck to you Rob, that is terrible news. During the writers strike, they were laying off people at my company who had served the company for 25+ years, so I finally saw there is no limit to corporate BS or lack of empathy. I'm sure you will be back on your feet soon! BOTL's always get back up in no time at all!!!!

~Billy

Sorry to hear about the layoff Rob. Hope things turn for the better on the job search.

Keep your head up Brother :thumbs: been there done that, it was a blessing in disguise for me.

Sorry to hear what happened. Perhaps, this will open another door that turns out to be better than your prior job. Good luck.

Sorry to hear of your bad news. Take the unemployment as it has been paid into just for this purpose. It might not feel right...but it'll feel a lot better than the alternative.

Here's hoping new opportunities will arise in due time.

Wilkey

Sorry to hear the news. :(

Hang in there and I'm sure things will work out for you and your family in the end.

Sorry to hear about the layoff!
The last time I got cut from full to part time, i got all down on myself, thought I was going to lose my cars, foreclose on the mortgage ect ect.. the FIRST place I went looking for a job I scored the job I have been working at for 7 years now, Opportunity is just around the corner. I'm confident you will find something else or your boss will go nuts trying to do all your work and call you back. Maybe you'll have something else lined up by then and you can tell the former boss that you'd need a raise to come back LOL

Good luck Rob.Keep your head up,I'm sure you'll find something soon.

Rob,
Sorry to hear that, it is definitely not fun. But look on the bright side, you will hopefully find something better.

Dave

Stay focused Rob and something will turn up. Getting laid off always stinks.

Is it me or is there just a lot of lay-off's going around?

Fish

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I've been laid off before and I feel your pain. Seems like nobody is immune these days. They're going through major cut backs at my place and I hate the feeling of having to wonder if I could be on the chopping block... no matter what a manager might tell me.

If it's any consolation, collecting unemployment, at least in PA, wasn't that big a deal at all. I set it up through the phone and I think you can do it through the web now. All I had to do was make one phone call for every week I didn't work, and they'd send a check. Not as good as getting your full paycheck but it really isn't the hassle it used to be with long lines, etc. You can do it all from your home and in a short amount of time.

I'm sure you'll move on to better things as a result of it, that's what happened to me when the company I was with closed down about 7 years ago... ended up landing a better job because of it. Now if only I can keep my current job!

Sorry to hear the terrible news Rob, it'll come back around though!

Sending good vibes your way... :laugh:

Having been through it, I know the sinking feeling. It got better for me... keep positive and I am sure it will for you too.