• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

When its really really HOT

Temps don't change my hunger for cigars.... usually the only thing that does that is excessive smoking of cigars (odd, eh?). My tastebuds flatline every so often, so I have to take it easy now and again. I'll take a warm day with little breeze for a good cigar smoke anyday!

Darren

I'm with you, Darren! I can't say that the temperature ever gets in the way of me desiring or smoking a good smoke. If anything, I'll just change my location. If it gets too cold or too hot, I just move it inside. :)

I guess I'm one of the lucky few who can smoke in a cool house. Its a 2500 cubic foot per minute swamp cooler that makes that possible. In the winter, its back outside, but then its cool.

Kinda, its hard to explain, the temp doesn’t bother me. I can do the 100 degree thing no problem but I find if I grab a gar, even one that’s kinda wet, after about 10 min of smoking it, it gets this real dry taste too it. Almost like the difference between dry and wet alcohol. I despise that dry smoke taste so I don’t smoke when its really really hot out.

location. If it gets too cold or too hot, I just move it inside. :)

If I only could...

Yeah, I'm a lucky bastad. I actually have one room that my wife doesn't mind me smoking in, which she pokes fun and refers to as my wanna-be bachelor pad. It's a room that I converted into a theater room and has all of my comfortable leather furniture, all of what I had in my apartment before we got married. The other thing which helps, which definitely isn't a good thing at all except when it comes to cigars, is that her sense of smell is very poor.

I've smoked on some 95+ and humid days here and it is punishing. However, with plenty of cold drink and a nice easy pace, you sort of forget about the conditions...until you're done. Then the humid sticky smell really clings.

I can relate to that. Last time my friend was over for cigars about 1-2 weeks ago it was 95°. I had gone to the corner store to pick up a few bottles of manhatten special and when i got back my shirt was starting to get soaked with sweat. When my friend got here i was really concerned that it would be too hot. We ended up staying outside in the shade drinking manhatten specials on ice while smoking cigars. We were just outside talking enjoying ourselves touching up knives and stuff for 4-5 hours. I was sweating but i didnt knotice at all. But once i went back into the a/c, it fully hit me that my shirt was all soaked, my skin was sticky, and i smelt of stale smoke.

Sometimes you just have to go out and brave the heat. If you enjoy yurself enough you can ingore the other stuff.

Nope. Crank up the air conditioning and relax as per usual! Besides, the "new" house smells kinda funky and needs to be properly seasoned!

The only thing that affects my desire for a cigar is how tired I am. I gauge what I smoke, by how much time I have, the temperature if I am smoking outside, or in the garage.

When it is real how as it has been, I generally go to a milder cigar, or a shorter cigar that is stronger.

Deez