• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

When it's taken too far....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

We all may have our battles to fight on here. I know when I see someone who is harming the community, I call them out.

Lately, things have really gotten out of hand. When is enough enough? I have always believed that there is a line that we should never cross. We can bicker and debate over this and that but it should never turn into cheapshots, insults to one's family or worse, threats.

So, after the Eleuthardt thread was locked and Rod pretty much said he didn't want to see any baiting, I got these pm's from Barney:

From servebig
Title: which one is you and which one is joe?, Today, 10:48 PM

http://images7.fotki.com/v125/photos/4/431...6/amylee-vi.jpg

This link goes to my photo hosting site, which was public but now has been changed. It's a pic of my wife and I on the Rapahannock River in a boat.

My reply:

Keep it up pal, your existance here will be short-lived at best...

Barney:

if i ever meet you in person your existance will be over

Me:

I doubt it....

Barney:

next time you're in san fran let me know

My response:

Barney, get a life and quit trying to act like people respect you over here....they don't!

Was that a threat?

Barney:

son...

is that your wife or your mother?

why dont you bring the lil lady to SF and we'll have a drink...i'm a wonderful host.

So, draw your own conclusions folks. The fact that someone takes a little banter in a thread to this level shows little class in my view.

It's a shame that this is what our community has come to.

Leebo8-9-8 said:
When is enough enough?

That's a very good question Leebo.

There is no need to involve someone's loved ones in things like this. You have a problem with someone fine. No need to cross the lines and pull something like that.

A few things are needed, please hear me out on this.

First, I'd like to apologize to everyone for making the eleuthardt thread. It got started because I felt horrible about what happened in ALT's pass. While there were mistakes made early on, what eleuthardt did was the straw that broke the camel's back. A good pass that should've survived a few bumps was dragged down and ended up being a bad experience for ALT ultimately. I had a great time in the pass, but I couldn't get the negativity of it out of my mouth. When I stumbled across the Stoggie site, I thought I struck gold. Finally!, a chance to redeem a wrong. I made the post and stated "feel free to pay him a visit" I think everyone conducted themselves in a good manner over there, but they disagree. In the end, that was my fault. Also, I was too acidic in my tangle with Servebig. A lot of stuff I stated was just way out of line and simply uncalled for. I just got too into it and had not let go of a prior skirmish with him. I'm proud to say that I did owe up to this behavior on the thread and that we are in the midst of working out a trade on cigars together(I know Serve, give me time here pal, I'll pm you again soon) In that regard, I can say that I'm somewhat happy with owing up to my screwball behavior. I did try and calm things down between ccat and moki, but the tone for the thread was already set by that time with my shrapnel like posts towrads Serve and CPash.

I have made a lot of good friends here and have learned so much about cigars due to all of you. I participate a lot on this board because it's very enjoyable for me. Once again, I'm sorry to all whom I've offended, as well as to those whom I've tangled with for no good reason but for just simply doing so.

*I posted this here since I see it as somewhat of an extension and in part, a product of my post.

:(

(Edited for clarity)

SFG75 said:
A few things are needed, please hear me out on this.

First, I'd like to apologize to everyone for making the eleuthardt thread. It got started because I felt horrible about what happened in ALT's pass. While there were mistakes made early on, what eleuthardt did was the straw that broke the camel's back. A good pass that should've survived a few bumps was dragged down and ended up being a bad experience for ALT ultimately. I had a great time in the pass, but I couldn't get the negativity of it out of my mouth. When I stumbled across the Stoggie site, I thought I struck gold. Finally!, a chance to redeem a wrong. I made the post and stated "feel free to pay him a visit" I think everyone conducted themselves in a good manner over there, but they disagree. In the end, that was my fault. Also, I was too acidic in my tangle with Servebig. A lot of stuff I stated was just way out of line and simply uncalled for. I just got too into it and had not let go of a prior skirmish with him. I'm proud to say that I did owe up to this behavior on the thread and that we are in the midst of working out a trade on cigars together(I know Serve, give me time here pal, I'll pm you again soon) In that regard, I can say that I'm somewhat happy with owing up to my screwball behavior. I did try and calm things down between ccat and moki, but the tone for the thread was already set by that time with my shrapnel like posts towrads Serve and CPash.

I have made a lot of good friends here and have learned so much about cigars due to all of you. I participate a lot on this board because it's very enjoyable for me. Once again, I'm sorry to all whom I've offended, as well as to those whom I've tangled with for no good reason but for just simply doing so.

*I posted this here since I see it as somewhat of an extension and in part, a product of my post.

:(

(Edited for clarity)
[snapback]162637[/snapback]​

What does this have to do with what he did to Leebo?

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Barney:

if i ever meet you in person your existance will be over

[snapback]162633[/snapback]​

In my opinion, anyone who makes a threat of physical violence should be banned, whether it is done in a thread or via PM. There is no place on CP for that sort of thing.

NA

ok...i want to apologize to you leebo, i was out of line. my intent was never to threaten your family in any way. but whatever i was thinking, i wasn't thinking. i went way over the line

i have also made an apology for my behavior to rod.

i will undoubtedly be fired on by the community for you having shared these PMs lee...i'm sure that this was your intent.

thats fine...i deserve it. again i'm sorry for my behavior.

barney

I hardly ever post PM's Barney, but there are two reasons why I did:

1. You threatened me, which has gotten several removed from here.

2. This isn't the first time you've done this sort of thing via pm.

I accept your apology, but I don't have any respect for you now. You crossed a very thin line, insulting me and my wife, who's done nothing to you!

Threats like that are not tolerated here. If it happens again the next step is to instate a ban against the offender.