• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where do I start?

estoltz

So I purchased a couple of samplers from CI. Here is what I got. FYI I did not put the price on here because I wanted to make sure no one thought I was advertising this. I just need an opinion.

Super Summer Sampler
1 - Romeo y Julieta 1875 Toro (6”x50)
1 - Don Diego Toro (6”x50)
1 - H. Upmann Toro (6”x50)
1 - Montecristo Platinum Toro (6”x50)
1 - Onyx Reserve Toro (6”x50)
1 - Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro Toro (6”x50)
1 - Santa Damiana Toro (6”x50)
1 - Royal Jamaica Maduro Toro (6”x50)
3 - El Mejor Emerald Robusto (5.5”x50)
3 - El Mejor Espresso Robusto (5.5”x50)
3 - 5 Vegas Gold Robusto (5”x50)
3 - 5 Vegas Classic Robusto (5”x50)

RP Big Ring Mega Sampler

5 - Rocky Patel Sun Grown "The Sixty" (6" x 60)
5 - Rocky Patel Vintage ’92 "The Sixty" (6" x 60)
5 - Indian Tabac Cameroon Legend Super Toro Maduro (6" x 58)
5 - Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Gordo Maduro (6" x 58)

So I know I like the 92s. My history is in the ashton line. Being new I have so many questions but I will limit this post to a few. First of all can someone rate these from mildest to boldest? Second can someone give me an idea of which ones will stand out as nice smokes in your opinion? I know that it is all subjective but I am still developing my taste and could use some guidance.

Go with the 5 vegas classic line. :thumbs:

Nice smoke. I think the only problem I had was a slight excess in humidity causing tightness and problems keeping it lit. Of course the latter could be due to the fact that I can't stop running my mouth on things. Overall though I would buy these again. I put the band in my favs box.

A great idea is to give the Newbie Sampler Trade a go. Give your host an idea of what you like in a smoke and you will be more than happy at the selection you receive, I guarantee it. It is truely a wonderful journey to find good smokes and the people here at CP will help guide you. Start noting what you like in a smoke and what you don't like and that will help you on your way. Also, don't be afraid of smaller ring guage cigars, there are some wonderfully flavorful ones out there that come in small packages. Good luck and welcome to CP!! :thumbs:

A great idea is to give the Newbie Sampler Trade a go. Give your host an idea of what you like in a smoke and you will be more than happy at the selection you receive, I guarantee it. It is truely a wonderful journey to find good smokes and the people here at CP will help guide you. Start noting what you like in a smoke and what you don't like and that will help you on your way. Also, don't be afraid of smaller ring guage cigars, there are some wonderfully flavorful ones out there that come in small packages. Good luck and welcome to CP!! :thumbs:

Thanks for the advice Moe. I am planning on doing that. I just need to wait until I have room in the Humi. It seems to be a serious problem with many of the members on this site.