• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where do you put your butt?

BigFatDog

Here's mine...

img12711di.jpg

My fiancee bought me this for Christmas last year. I love it but need something larger. It is wonderful for smoking alone, however has no space for multiply cigars. The cutter that came with is actually quite decent also.
H05_167944_Wnanos770qlt750resModesh.jpg

I was just too lazy and didn't look. That and I was just so proud of how clean my ashtray was. I had a fit of newbie exuberance.

My son gave me a desktop humi for Christmas last year that included a matching one-person ashtray. I still haven't figured out why I don't have an attachment button since it says I have permission to do so. I have a crappy web camera anyway so it's no great loss. :p

How things change. The first time I was in a combat zone I used a c-rat can or the dirt. :0 ??? Even in Desert Storm we had used an ammo can in the TOC and that was living well until I snagged a 155 shell to use. I wish I still had that. :(

I use one of these:

azlighters18981098186993qf.jpg

This is my fancy one. a Diamond Crown Bristol, and then I have a standard glass one on the picnic table outside and a few others around if needed.

bristol.jpg

I don't really have a cigar ashtray, but I have this really big cigarette ashtray that I like to use. It is kind of late now and I don't feel like going outside to take a picture, but I will get one tomorrow.

I just finished this:
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

It's a stinky knockoff, mounted on 3 foot 1/2 inch threaded rod. The rod is covered by an aluminum tube. I used an old rock I found in the backyard as the base (it's leftover from when the house was built in 1972..the front of the house is covered with them, instead of bricks). I dug it out, pressure cleaned it and drilled a hole through it. I made the table (it's sandwiched between 2 nuts on the rod for stability) and mounted the cigar box open so I could keep the lighter and loose stuff in there.

Edited to add: I also have a nice Avo ashtray signed by the man himself. I use that sometimes too.

Joe,

I saw that in your CI Legends post and was like, WTF is that, lol. That's badass bro, well done!

Very well done, that just gave me an idea for a pretty neat one to make.

Hey thanks BH. It was one of those things where I had the ashtray laying around and one day I'm puttering around in the backyard. I kick a rock out of the way and it doesn't budge. Like an rockberg in the yard, most of it is buried. I dig it up and thing that it looks kind of cool.

It had a funky way of sitting "upright". I had an old threaded rod and I thought to myself, this would make a cool base for an ashtray stand. So I clean the rock up and take it out to the shop where I start drilling it with a 1/2 masonery bit. Well, it turns out that drilling a 1/2 hole in rock is way harder than you'd think. (I don't have a hammer drill) This rock had a kryptonite core or something...the drill wasn't making any progress after the first 2 inches. I remembered watching a show on the discovery channel where they showed miners "drilling"...one guy hold and turning the punch, the other guy on the sledgehammer. Of course, it's just me, so I'm doing both jobs. At some point during this whole event (I'm dirty from working in the yard, sweating like a pig, cussing like a sailor, sitting on the floor of the shop, smacking a punch with sledgehammer, holding this big rock between my legs..you get the picture), my lovely wife comes out, stands in the doorway and asks "WHAT are you doing?". I look up and say "Drilling a hole in this rock." We've been married 20+ years, she doesn't even ask....she just gives me that "I love you but you are kind of an idiot..." look and walks away.

After many smacks of the sledge, it finally starts to break through. I finish drilling it and then discover that my threaded rod is 3/4"...the hole is too small. I don't have a bigger masonery drill bit and there's no friggin way I'm going down that path anyway.

I ended up buying a new 1/2" threaded rod and scrounging the rest of the parts out of the shop. I covered the rod with an aluminum tube left over from a broken telescoping car washing brush handle. I did have to buy the trim piece and some paint.

After I was all done and had it put together, it didn't stand up exactly straight, so I had to grind on one of the "feet" to get it vertical. I don't have the right tools to machine rocks, so I used a wheel grinder and a belt sander. Since by then, I had screwed the nuts on and off the length of the rod about a dozen times, I was being lazy and holding the whole thing up to the grinder...it was throwing sparks and rock fragments everywhere and I couldnt' really get out of the way. Of course, it's hot here so I had shorts on and ended up giving my legs a spark and rock fragment shower.

After is was all done and my wife had mentioned that it looked pretty cool and she really liked it as an "outside" ashtray...my son asked me where I found a rock that I could mount a rod to? I told him the rod goes clear through! I drilled through a rock!

I'm thinking about having a t-shirt made..."I drilled through a rock"

:laugh: :laugh: