• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where in the world is CasaSoho? Contest

CasaSoho

New Englander at Heart
In my business/pleasure travels I have taken many of pictures around this great country. Below you will find a collection of some of my forgetable. Although, far from memorizing, they should provide you with just enough information to figure out where I took them.

The task: Identify the 7 cities/towns by clues provided in the following pictures.

The rules:
Each correctly identified city/town matched with the corresponding set of photos is worth 1pt. for photo sets no.1-6, 2pts. for photo set no.7. The winner will have accumulated the most points with 1 guess/post, no edits by the time I reach my 600th post. In the event of a tie, please include a tiebreaker of the date and time (EST) I will make the 600th post. My decisions are final.

The prize: A 5'er to include (3) Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles, plus (2) other cigars of my selection.

1)
125_2520.jpg
125_2521.jpg

2)
112_1247.jpg
112_1244.jpg

3)
130_3047_r1.jpg
130_3046_r1.jpg

4)
125_2567.jpg
125_2576_r1.jpg

5)
112_1251.jpg
112_1249.jpg

6)
111_1196_r1.jpg
111_1200.jpg
113_1373.jpg

7)Worth 2 points
117_1750.jpg

You took all the photo's from your place in Southampton, MA. Being a recluse, you used the internet to get photo's of these places - then took a picture of your monitor.

Did I win?!

You took all the photo's from your place in Southampton, MA. Being a recluse, you used the internet to get photo's of these places - then took a picture of your monitor.

Did I win?!

Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks. You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!

Actually, I did take all of these photos with the same digital camera beginning in 2004. Looking back over the photos they should all be easy to find out with simple internet searches with the exception of no.5. So get your lazy ass to searching.

edit: no.5 not no.6

To clarify my instructions as they are not really that clear. The first to identify all seven wins, no tie-breaker, no 600th post, contest over. The tie-breaker and 600th post only come in to play if all 7 are not identified. In that scenario, you are not allowed to just copy and paste the entry of someone else and guess a new tiebreaker. You must have a unique set of 7 guesses.

In my business/pleasure travels I have taken many of pictures around this great country. Below you will find a collection of some of my forgetable. Although, far from memorizing, they should provide you with just enough information to figure out where I took them.

The task: Identify the 7 cities/towns by clues provided in the following pictures.

The rules:
Each correctly identified city/town matched with the corresponding set of photos is worth 1pt. for photo sets no.1-6, 2pts. for photo set no.7. The winner will have accumulated the most points with 1 guess/post, no edits by the time I reach my 600th post. In the event of a tie, please include a tiebreaker of the date and time (EST) I will make the 600th post. My decisions are final.

The prize: A 5'er to include (3) Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles, plus (2) other cigars of my selection.

1)Flucking NY

2)Vegas Baby!

3)Cooperstown

4)Atlanta

125_2576_r1.jpg

5)Albany

6)Chicago

7)Worth 2 points - Boston

You need a bigger lens!

Thanks for the contest!

BTW, I love Willy Wonka. ;)

Wilkey

Wilkey Wonka - the candy cigar czar! :laugh:

:cool:

1)Flucking NY

2)Vegas Baby!

3)Cooperstown

4)Atlanta

5)Albany

6)Chicago

7)Worth 2 points - Boston

Would you care to submit a tiebreaker in a new post as you have not identified all 7 correctly?

1)Flucking NY

2)Vegas

3)Cooperstown

4)San Diego

5)Albany

6)Chicago

7)Boston

Tiebreaker: 11/8 11:00EST

I'll give this a shot w/o any internet research but I'll steal Albany answer from Grateful :D

1 Flushing, NY
2 Las Vegas, NV
3 Cooperstown, NY
4 Washington DC
5 Albany, NY
6 Manhattan, NY
7 Philadelphia, PA

1. NY
2. Vegas
3. Philadelphia
4. DC
5. Albany
6. Chicago
7. Boston
tie: 11/7 7:00pm

Thanks for the contest casasoho! :)

1. Shea Stadium, Queens, NY
2. Vegas, Second shot is inside the Luxor hotel
3. Cooerstown, NY
4. Hotlanta, GA
5. Albany, NY
6. Manhattan, NY
7. Boston, MA (God I hate that place)

Thanks for the contest!

Oh yeah, tiebreaker is 11AM EST on Friday 11/10.

Nobody has scored the max 8pts. yet, I guess the Where in the World is CasaSoho contest will continue on until somebody does...

600th post, the time has come. Well, where was I?...

1)Flushing, NY ... If you didn't get this one right I would have sent you a chocolate blunt.
2)Everyone nailed Vegas, as AngryFishH mentioned; taken inside of the Luxor.
3)There seem to be some confusion here. I have never been to Cooperstown, that golden baseball giant sits outside of the home of the Philadelphia Phillies. The grave with all the pennies on it; that is the burial site of Ben Franklin.
4)Only so many cities that have Giant Pandas. If you guessed I saw this one at the National Zoo in D.C., you were right.
5)The hardest of the photo sets. This picture was taken from my room at the Marriott in Toronto. You have to look close to see a Canadian flag in one of the pictures.
6)Chicago it is, a yahoo! search of "67 East Madison" would have told you that. It's in the diamond district; I bought my wife's engagement ring diamond at the top of this building. The fireworks were after a Whitesox game at U.S. Cellular field.
7)The final picture worth 2 points is of the skyline of my beloved Boston. I love that place no matter what AngryFishH thinks! It was taken from the parking garage of the Museum of Science.

How did you do?
5pts. Grateful1, bfreeburn
4pts. AngryFishH, AVB
3pts. Wasy

and the winner with 7 pts. ....

KeyserSoze

If you wouldn't mind sharing, I would be interested to know what gave some of the locations away. In particular; Philly, DC, and Chicago.

Thanks for playing.

Thanks CasaSoho! That was fun. 1 was a given. 2 I can't tell you how many times I've stayed at the luxor. 3 I remember seeing at a philly game. I think there was a guy sliding below that statue. 4 I googled with the lion statue :D. 5 I had no clue. 6 I googled the night stadium pic by the billboards. 7 was a toughy but I think I also googled city skylines to try and match up the buildings in the back.

Edit: And Congrats on your 600th post! :D