• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where is the post editor?

It was removed as a result of the recent flame wars going on here.
I hope it comes back soon...

I think the edit feature should be something that you should have to "earn" so-to-speak. This is the way Lee has it set up on CigarSnobs, vertain people are allowed to edit while others are not.

Set up some criteria (minimum # of posts and or minimum # of months membership) then give this person the edit feature.

Take it away for a certain period of time if they abuse it.

If they constantly abuse it, they never get it back.

Having the edit feature functional for a set amount of time...say up to 5 minutes after a post is posted...serves 95% of most members needs as well.

there should be a way to edit in the trading room. This way when your sale is done, you can remove it.

Echeck said:
there should be a way to edit in the trading room. This way when your sale is done, you can remove it.
[snapback]224047[/snapback]​

Why would you want to edit out what you originally had up for sale?
Maybe it's my suspicious nature, but I'd wonder if the seller's prices were too high and was trying to cover it up to avoid be called out. Not at all saying you'd do this, but it happens.

Most folks edit their sale threads and type DONE.

On another note, it would be unfortunate if we couldn't edit a spelling mistake or add/subtract a word, edit a pass line-up or P/T count, etc.

Flamers should be the ones to have their edit rights yanked.

BrownDevil said:
Echeck said:
[snapback]224047[/snapback]​

Why would you want to edit out what you originally had up for sale?
Maybe it's my suspicious nature, but I'd wonder if the seller's prices were too high and was trying to cover it up to avoid be called out. Not at all saying you'd do this, but it happens.

Most folks edit their sale threads and type DONE.
[snapback]224064[/snapback]​

Some folks aren't comfortable with leaving up a sale that has illegal contriband in it. And I do understand that...

I agree with the illegal contraband reasoning. I just recently did a rather large split/group buy, and since it may (or may not) have involved something we're not supposed to have, I edited the original thread to removed what was offered and the prices. I also cut and pasted the original post into a the word document I was using to track who was getting what and how many. It wasn't so that I could hide the prices or anything. I added that if anyone wanted to see the original post to let me know. The only trick would be that who would know if I went in after the fact and edited what I wrote. I guess that's where it's a matter of trust.

So it would be nice to have that edit feature available selectively on the board. And I know Tod doesn't want to be getting lots of pm's from folks asking to edit or removed info from sale/trade threads.

We still have the preview button.

Not having the edit button might exercise vertain people's proof-reading skills.

Corona Gigante said:

Not having the edit button might exercise vertain people's proof-reading skills.
[snapback]224252[/snapback]​

Or do I mean peoples'?

Corona Gigante said:

LMAO!! You did that on purpose, didn't you?
:laugh:

coventrycat86 said:
Corona Gigante said:

LMAO!! You did that on purpose, didn't you?
:laugh:
[snapback]224254[/snapback]​

:whistling:

I edit the main Scotch review thread that is a sticky in the saloon every time I post a new review.I can't do that now :( Plus with the way I spell I need to edit posts :0

AVB said:
I edit the main Scotch review thread that is a sticky in the saloon every time I post a new review.I can't do that now :( Plus with the way I spell I need to edit posts :0
[snapback]224314[/snapback]​

Yep, same problem here with my Anejo / Opus X / Padron reference threads. Without the ability to update, those threads will become obsolete. :(

I know that I have been getting alot more use out of that preview button lately. :laugh:

Thanks NeuroA$$! :angry2:

HEY! It's BACK!!

...back, and most apprecited, Rod.

B.B.S.'s new "golden rule" - "Thou shalt not pour gas on a stupid fire....". I for one, am going to focus on what brought me here in the first place; great info, good deals on great gars, and the most honest bunch of traders I've ever seen.

Thank you - B.B.S.