• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where the hell have I been...

PetersCreek

Codger-in-training
...and what have I been doing? Good questions. What with not smoking so many cigars in winter, moderating another forum, and throwing myself into woodworking over the past couple of years, I just fell off of the radar for a while...a while that turned into 2½ years. I know, I'm a shit. I never call. Never write. But with Spring about to get sprung, I've been getting antsy for a cigar and some deck-sitting weather and thought I'd drop in.

Good to see some old members coming back. What are you smoking on lately?

What are you smoking on lately?

Nothing noteworthy as of yet this season...just a couple of shorties, the last one or two being a Mehari's Ecuador natural. But the deck is now snow-free and the big-ass ice dam fell off of the roof so I'm itching to spend some time on the deck in a new lounger from Cabela's with a proper cigar and an adult beverage.

Nothing noteworthy as of yet this season...just a couple of shorties, the last one or two being a Mehari's Ecuador natural. But the deck is now snow-free and the big-ass ice dam fell off of the roof so I'm itching to spend some time on the deck in a new lounger from Cabela's with a proper cigar and an adult beverage.

I can't, in good conscience, "like" this man's post. Anyone got his address? :D

Edit: My request has been met. Thank you, gents.

Last edited:
One of the things that kept me distracted in my absence was DIY remodeling our stairs from lackluster carpet to something nicer. Before and after:

Click to embigify

And as hinted at upthread, I've spent a lot of time in my wood shop...which is half of the 2-car garage...on other non-home improvement projects:

One of these days, maybe I'll even make a humidor...

Welcome back! I've pretty much done the same thing....after years of post whoring, I fell off the grid.

Welcome back. Love the woodworking.

Can you also pull Swissy out of his absence, as well? I figured you Alaskans, stick together to stay warm.

Thanks for the kind welcome, everyone.

Welcome back, nice wine rack!

Thanks. That was my first real commission piece and my most ambitious project to date. A coworker's husband had taken those ducks on St. Paul Island (middle.nowhere.Bering.Sea) and had them mounted but the wood base was pretty rough looking. They wanted that fixed as well as something on which to put it, so I just hid the base and made the piece multi-functional, since they're wine drinkers.

Can you also pull Swissy out of his absence, as well? I figured you Alaskans, stick together to stay warm.

Jim and I haven't gotten together for a cigar in a while but I see him on Facebook...when the bastage is fishin' and shrimpin' without me.