• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where to buy your cigars

RandyM450

Just a quick question...there's a local smoke shop where I am that's great, but I'm interested in saving a little money. Say I want to buy a box of cigars, has anyone had any good or bad experiences buying online (e.g. dried out cigars, stale, etc.)? What sites are good/bad? I can get the type I want at the local store, but I could save 20% (at least) by shopping online at some of the sites I've seen. I just want to know if the low price comes at the cost of low quality. Thanks for the help.

Randy

i buy from both. i love going down to my local shop and visiting, hanging out and smoking a cigar. :D
if you have a good relationship with your local shop sometimes they will cut you a break on certain things.( mine does).
i also order on line and have had no bad experiencs yet, but i've only been doing this about a year and a half.
i order from jr's, mostly but have also ordere from two guy's smoke shop, and
cigars international.
there's also a cool site called cigarob.com that let's you put in which cigar you're looking for and then tells you what on line retailer has the best price.
hope this helps.
and welcome to the board. :D

Definately shop all the above. Prices are better on the web, but its good to have a human that can recomend new things to try based on what it seems that you like. Also, you can smell the cigars in the local shop, so although you maybe somewhat surprised at the taste of a new cigar, it is never completely a dog rocket shoot (hopefully)

I ran into the same dilema about four months ago when I moved here to D/FW. There are so many local shops, all claiming to have "low" prices. As a former online retailer of audio hardware, I can honestly say that there is virtually no way for a brick & mortar retailer to compete when the game is price. There are far too many operational costs that online retailers do not have to worry about. That being said, there is no subsitute for a good relationship and that is altogether too tough to develop with someone you never meet face to face. Any of these online retailers know that and will pump up the price factor all day.

I visit Addison Cigar & Sir Elliot's in Mesquite (suburb East of Dallas) for my singles and buy boxes online at JR Cigars.

We're lucky here in Colorado Springs to have one of the best shops I've ever seen. They have a huge walk-in humidor and stock nearly everything. In addition, they are a Fuente dealer and often have Opuses available as well as Don Carlos, and Hemingways. They usually have VSG, Padron Annie, Punch Grand Cru, and other premium domestics. However, like a lot of places, we have a pretty stiff sin tax in CO and it's tough for them to compete with the online retailers. I buy a pretty fair number of singles from this shop, but when it comes to boxes I always go online. The tax is just too stiff.