• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where to go from Antietam cabinet humidor?

Danforz

Hi all,

My antietam is beginning to get very cramped. Ideally, I'd like to get a fully electronic humidor that regulates temperature / humidity automatically. But they seem to be running $1500, minimum.

In the meanwhile, I could sure use some more space. I'm not looking to spend $1k+ on a humidor and I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives out there. I'm curious, what do you recommend? What are the price ranges? Do you think I could sell my Antietam and for how much?

Thanks guys,

Daniel

Larger Humidors with the features your wanting aren't cheap. They will run $1000-several thousand dollars. You're not likely to get even half of what you paid for your Antietam. Larger humidors are tougher to sell. I'd suggest searching craigslist, ads, eBay, and the like to see if there's anything worth looking at. If you do find something, just make sure the seal seems to be functioning.

As for cheaper alternatives, a large cooler to build a coolidor would be your best bet. They function well, but aren't as pretty to look at as a hand crafted wood piece.

Big coolers are the most cost effective storage you're going to find.

Or, just 'man up' and give Bob Staebell a call.....:D Bob's stuff is the best there is; it's the epitome of 'buy once, cry once'.....:cool: