• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which cigar do you offer to first timers?

I agree with the folks that said Padron 2000/3000. That would probably be my choice too. Not quite sure I agree with giving a newbie a PAM... or any maduro for that matter. Might be a bit much for them... and not quite sure they would appreciate it anyway.

Rob.

When a new smoker comes into my store, I offer something mild..usually a Conn. wrapper. I've been offering Rocky '99s and Chateau Reals. They usually come back....9 out of 10. More often than not, they tell me that they've smoked a cigar before but hated it. In this case, I'll give them something nice and mild and they return for more. As long as they enjoy it, I'm happy.

I have suggested Sancho Panza, 858, H. Upmann, or other such cigar in the mild to medium range both in flavor and price.

For a new cigar smoker it can be best to show them that a good cigar does not have to cost a bundle nor turn them green.

Lately, I have been giving out LFD Cameroon Cabinet No. 1s. This is a very tasty smoke with an interesting blend of tobaccos that is not too strong. Haven't had anyone that didn't like them.

Lately, I have been giving out LFD Cameroon Cabinet No. 1s. This is a very tasty smoke with an interesting blend of tobaccos that is not too strong. Haven't had anyone that didn't like them.

That's quite a cigar for a first timer Lou. I gave one to someone who is a somewhat experienced smoker and it was way too strong for him. They definitely DO tame a bit when aged. But it IS a tasty smoke indeed.

This is a great thread. I have a friend that I do a little work with and he is a cigarette smoker and he and I were talking the other day and he said he smokes Acids once in a while. I am browsing through my humi looking for a fiver to send his way.
I got some great ideas now.
I think I will send him a RP con, a Padron, Palma maddie, a Tat brown label, a Furnte chateu

Well usually something mild on that note our cigarshop I work at sells Primera Isabella which is the owners brand of cigars so I usually tell them about those. They are the #1 selling cigar in our shop.