• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which Famous Author Do You Write Like?

Rodrigo de Jerez

I get to give myself a title?
I heard a piece about this site the other day on NPR.

From the site: "Check which famous writer you write like with this statistical analysis tool, which analyzes your word choice and writing style and compares them with those of the famous writers."

Link to NPR Story

Link to Site

The site determined that I write like Dan Brown. I don't even like Dan Brown. Crap!

-Mark

This is actually pretty entertaining for me. Some of the authors I got was Stephen King, Margaret Mitchell, and Daniel Defoe. Each work I've written varies but I actually enjoyed this one. :thumbs:

Interesting link. I'd like to know more about their methodology but it says I write like Chuck Palahniuk and Stephen King.

Hmmm... David Foster Wallace for me.

Who is David Foster Wallace?

I got Dan Brown. Unfortunately, I have never read his work. Might have to buy a used copy of something to see if I agree.

I got Ursula K. Le Guin? Gunna have to google that.
Le Guin is a fairly prominent sci-fi/fantasy author. Among her most notable works are the Wizard of Earthsea series which I recall very much enjoying in junior high.

I got Dan Brown. Unfortunately, I have never read his work. Might have to buy a used copy of something to see if I agree.
I recommend picking up a used copy of Flight of the Old Dog.

I looked at some of my other works and managed to pick up Chaucer, Shakespeare, Dickens, Tolstoy and some others. i would definitely like to see how they break all this down to pick which author you write like. Plus many others I had to Google to see where they sit in the world of writing. With all my books in storage, I can't type a paragraph from a book and enter it in. I'd love to see which author it would select. :laugh:

Hmmm... David Foster Wallace for me.

Who is David Foster Wallace?

X2, who the hell is David Foster Wallace, and do I really want to write like him?

But my second piece that was analyzed turned out Stephen King...

Mine came up Hugh Hefner and Larry Flynt. I submitted a picture though.....

So I was thinking I write more like Isaac Asimov. So after I wrote my cigar review, I slapped it in the calculator, and yay me, I do I do... I'm a little proud now :p

Damn! You all got it good. I ended up with Stephenie Meyer!!! :angry: :angry: I hate "Twilight!!!"