• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which is your favorite corona gorda?

Althought I have not had many of the them the Partaga CG and the HUSC were by far and away the best.

As for the cigars that are still in regular production I like the SLR A

Cohiba Siglo IV, it burns evenly, draws smoothly and looks good too! 

I have been away for such a long time and should reintroduce myself, but I do it another time. CC is definitely my favorite size and will never forget the Montecristo Edition Limitatda 2003. Just heavenly, next. I would say SLR A.

Damn, hard to say.

CC:

Juan Lopez no. 1 (haven't been able to get any for a while though. Expect they're still great.)
San Cristobal de La Habana La Fuerza

NC:

Illusione CG4
Ashton VSG
Fuente Don Carlos #3 (not really a corona gorda, but it will have to do)

Not a cc but Casa Fuente does it for me everytime. :)

Hmm...dang, I smoked a lot of different CGs since the last time I entered this. 

NC = Illusione CG4
CC= Haven't tried as many as I'd like to. So far, SLR Serie A. 

As a side note, I've read, on more than one occasion, that the Cuban Punch Punch is the standard for a CG. I may have one or two. I know I have an SLR A. Should do a comparison.

What's funny about the SLR, and if I'm not mistooken, the SLR is not made from the top growing region tobaccos. I get a nice, flavorful, spicy smoke from them. 

Right now it's hard to beat the Mag46 in my current selection. Got some '98 Punch Punch left that have mellowed a lot but the flavor is outstanding.

TFJ said:
I enjoy;

.... Mag 46 are excellent most of the time, but 05, 08 and 11 have been hit or miss for me.

I so much want to enjoy the Mag 46 (Corona Gorda is my #1 figurado - just wish it was 5 1/4 X 47 - picky, I know) but the last purchase was tubos from 2008! Now I know I need to give them another chance. Was probably not a good year for the Mag.

My go tos these days (subject to change)

Partagas Serie D #3
Siglo IV
Montie C

I also need to revisit Punch Punch...