• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which of your smokes aged well in 2009

SteveA

Some cigars start young or hit a sick period that makes them almost unsmokeable. Did you have any experiences with cigars that started '09 by giving you a gag reflex and finished the year as a prized smoke? I've got 2.

1) HdM, short robusto; These were almost completely unsmokeable when young. The last one I smoked over the holidays was one of the best cigars I smoked last year.
2) Illusione, CG4; This one shocked me out of the box because I'd never had a bad one. It was WAY strong. Too much for me. Now, it's mellowed into that familiar Illusione flavor. None of the harshness remains.

My Father Lancero really benefitted from the last year of storage. Now what's this foolishness of having to wait 10 years for a cigar to age well? :rolleyes: :D

My Father Lancero really benefitted from the last year of storage. Now what's this foolishness of having to wait 10 years for a cigar to age well? :rolleyes: :D

By the way. I never said the smokes had to be purchased or rolled in early 2009. Could be a x year old smoke that turned around in 2009.

Over Yule, I finally broke down and smoked my last '06 Shark. Now, this is a cigar, of course, that is stellar at just about any age, but I have to say . . . WOW.

Three years of age put it into and perhaps surpassing Padron 80th territory. Just absolutely amazing.

~Boar

I had two smokes that really turned the corner. Unfortunatly they are both not made anymore and i am down to my last few.

Padilla 1932 Lancero (pepin blend)
Padilla Miami 8/11 (another pepin blend)

Now that i think about it maybe they did not turn a corner but got better because in the back of my mind i realize that laying my hands on more of them probably will not happen.

The Padilla Miami 8/11 is a great smoke...I too am down to my last 4 or 5...the new blend does not stand up to the Pepin blend. Not even close.

I had two smokes that really turned the corner. Unfortunatly they are both not made anymore and i am down to my last few.

Padilla 1932 Lancero (pepin blend)
Padilla Miami 8/11 (another pepin blend)

Now that i think about it maybe they did not turn a corner but got better because in the back of my mind i realize that laying my hands on more of them probably will not happen.

Just cracked open a box of 1932 Churchills from 07 (Pepin blend) and smoked one. Amazing! I'll let my box of Lanceros sit a little longer.