• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Which States are least anti-smoking?

edng

as above title..... which states in the US currently have the least amount of anti-smoking legislation ?

thinking of a short vacation in the US sometime in 2008.

I tend to be an off-beat traveller when I have the time...... so not going to Ca. is not a big issue with me.

Sounds like a research topic for Wilkey... :whistling:

Seriously, though, most states and many cities have some type of smoking bans/limitations in place. You might be better off looking at cities you'd be interested in visiting and then researching out the specifics for those. Until this year, Las Vegas was considered very smoker friendly - but even they have implemented some restrictions.

Fortunately, even some of the most restrictive cities have establishments where smoking is allowed.

Thanks MattR for the link. :thumbs:

The "tobacco" state like North Carolina, Virginia and South Carolina will probably be the last ones to ever implement this BS.

North Carolina has LOTS of great places like the Outer Banks in the summer so if I were you, I'd go there.

As much as I don't want to leave the northeast, as time goes on, North Carolina, Virginia and South Carolina are becoming more and more appealing.......(lower property taxes and far fewer anti-smoking nazis).

Thanks much for the link ! Might just do Houston, Alabama and Missippi LOL!

LAs Vegas memorial day weekend. CP HERF III. Lots of members form here will be inattendence.

Thanks MattR for the link. :thumbs:

The "tobacco" state like North Carolina, Virginia and South Carolina will probably be the last ones to ever implement this BS.

North Carolina has LOTS of great places like the Outer Banks in the summer so if I were you, I'd go there.

As much as I don't want to leave the northeast, as time goes on, North Carolina, Virginia and South Carolina are becoming more and more appealing.......(lower property taxes and far fewer anti-smoking nazis).
Dead on....when tobacco is our primary crop and one of the bigger money makers for the state, we tend to be very "tobacco friendly". Like Bill said, the Outer Banks, Wilmington, Holden Beach..etc...are all very nice places and are very family friendly. If you like a little more action, Myrtle Beach is just 30 minutes or so south of Wilmington and one of the most visited beaches on the east coast.

the weather is lovely here in the deep South June-Sept., if you like high temps and high humidity. Good thing about it is it runs the snowbirds and yanks away ;) :p

Illinois went non-smoking today. Can't smoke within so many feet of any opening (window, door etc) in a public place. That is of course unless your business has something like 70% of it's revenue coming from tobacco, such a cigar shop, you can still smoke there.

Sucks...