• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who’s into DE wetshaving?

Yikes! 15 minutes is my whole morning routine!

Wash your damn legs. ?

Sorry, it's a joke that's going around Twitter.

My morning routine is: 40+ minutes cardio, 20 minute shower/ shave/etc, 30 minutes to cook & eat breakfast, social media until it's time to leave for work. I get up at 5:00 and leave around 7:00. ?

A few extra minutes for a nice DE shave was always worth it.

~Boar

Wash your damn legs. ?

Sorry, it's a joke that's going around Twitter.

My morning routine is: 40+ minutes cardio, 20 minute shower/ shave/etc, 30 minutes to cook & eat breakfast, social media until it's time to leave for work. I get up at 5:00 and leave around 7:00. ?

A few extra minutes for a nice DE shave was always worth it.

~Boar

I don't Twitt, so I'll have to figure out the joke.

My full routine is: Up at 6:00, make a pot of coffee, turn on the factory lights by 6:10 with said coffee in hand and build an airplane for 2 hrs. Then shower, shave and dress in 15 mins to run out the door for work because I was just trying to finish one more thing in the factory before I quit for the day! A few minutes spent shaving is a few minutes I could be building instead. :D

It takes a little longer than a modern razor, because you're making multiple passes (with, across, against) to get a smooth, flawless shave.

Even back when I used to shave with a cartridge I had to take multiple passes to get a decent shave which would then cause razor burn and ingrown hairs.

Obviously an electric is MUCH faster but I never felt like saving a few minutes on my morning routine was all that big a deal.

Using my electric still takes at least five minutes and provides less than ideal results as far as quality goes. The razor burn is no longer really an issue but the closeness sucks.

The OP said the traditionally recommended DE kit didn’t work out for him. Does anyone have recommendations an on entry level setup and routine or a good resource to read up on them?

I like to do the wetshaving, but often am too lazy to take the time.

I am a huge fan of using a DE safety razor. Bought a Merkur & 100 Blades and it's amazing the difference it makes on my wallet now =)