• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who believes the ransome man?

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I have a funny feeling Favre will be back in the news along about the time training camp is over.

Being a diehard Packer fan, I've loved watching Favre throughout his career. I feel fortunate to have been able to see one of the greats of the game play in my lifetime. That being said, I hope he stays retired. I didn't mind watching him play for NY, but my hatred of the Vikes goes deeper than my love for #4. Going to college on the Minnesota side of the MN/WI boarder will do that to a guy!

Being a diehard Packer fan, I've loved watching Favre throughout his career. I feel fortunate to have been able to see one of the greats of the game play in my lifetime. That being said, I hope he stays retired. I didn't mind watching him play for NY, but my hatred of the Vikes goes deeper than my love for #4. Going to college on the Minnesota side of the MN/WI boarder will do that to a guy!

He was, until he started his BS 4-5 years ago, one of my favorite players ever and I am a Steeler fan. I can't imagine how I would feel if I were a Packer fan and had to watch him hold the Packers organization hostage for a few years, go on to do it to another team, and THEN express a specific interest in playing for the Packers hated rival just to shove it up the nose of the Packers organization because after all the Packers organization includes it's fans!

It was tough. It was not fun waiting on his decision. I really hoped he would finish his career with Green Bay and retire having made his legacy with one team. In looking more into his retirement I noticed a disturbing trend in the Packer's locker room. The saying "out with the old, in with the new" comes to mind. All I really have to go on with this is my gut, but I think he was driven out of GB by McCarthy. I think that Brett was changing plays and undermining his authroity in the huddle. This lead the Packers to the NFC Championship. Look what they did once he was gone, barely managed to be slightly better than the worst team in the league. How do you go from 13-3 to 4-12? The only major change was QB. McCarthy needs to go. He doesn't know how to play call. They get a lead and he does his best to give the game away... I won't get onto that rant because it won't end for pages! :sign:

On a side note, it was kind of fun watching him play for the Jets. I didn't really care if he got picked off or the outcome of the game, so I could just enjoy watching him gunsling. He made a pretty big difference for them too, at least IMHO.

I can't remember the guy's name, but there was a pretty good OL for the Seahawks a few years back that for like 3 years straight retired and then as soon as training camp was over, would come out of "retirement" and join the team. I know Favre said he couldn't do training camp again so I'm curious to see if he does wait until camps are over and then try to come back.

One interesting note about Favre. He has done pre-camp training with the Oak Creek High School team for the last few years. He was there again this year, so who knows. I hope he's done, I love the guy, but I can't stand the thought of him as a Vike.

Can't make up his mind, keeps changing his decision, leaves people guessing all the time, doesn't want to get all hot and sweaty doing the hard work.

Brett Favre is the first teenage girl to play QB in NFL history (Ryan Leaf was the first tween...).

Can't make up his mind, keeps changing his decision, leaves people guessing all the time, doesn't want to get all hot and sweaty doing the hard work.

Brett Favre is the first teenage girl to play QB in NFL history (Ryan Leaf was the first tween...).

I agree Alan and the ironic part is that he doesn't seem to understand the damage he is doing to his "iron man" reputation. One of the toughest guys ever to play the game has held his team hostage for the last 4-5 years, retired and unretired three times, just to avoid training camp and the hard work. ???

Bump due to recent events.. He's baaack! This is worth it to me just to see him return to Green Bay and either stick it to Ted Thompson, or fail miserably...

You nailed it, Alan.

Man, I'm sick and tired of all the drama. Just retire already! But alas, it looks like he and Childress have been talking.

I bet we'll see him in purple within a week.

BR

IMHO a lot of the veteran players retire after the season and come back after training camp because maybe they are just to seasoned to handle the exhausting amount of work at training camp? I'm sure there are personal reasons out there for doing the on and off retirement, but as for Farve I have a feeling doing 2 a days for 16 hours may just be a little to much for him. But hell what do I know I'm still a Raiders fan!!! :laugh:

This news really made my heart sink... I had a feeling that he'd be back, but I really, really, really, really didn't want to see him play for the Vikings. :( :( :(

He has gone, in a relatively short period of time, from being one of my favorite players of all time (and I'm a Cowboys fan) to someone I will openly root against. I can only imagine Troy Aikman signing with the Eagles, which is how you Packers fans must feel.

This news really made my heart sink... I had a feeling that he'd be back, but I really, really, really, really didn't want to see him play for the Vikings. :( :( :(

If it makes you feel any better we'll let you have Adrian Peterson when he turns 39. JK

Who knows, that may be a good deal... Time will tell :p

Ultimately, this was not how I wanted to see him end his career, jumping from team to team. Oh well, it's his life, and he is still one of the greats. I just don't like him as much anymore. You Vikings fans can have fun with his yearly retirements for the next couple years.

Damn it.

I have 2 opinions:

1. As a Packers fan, it pisses me off.
2. As a Favre fan, I'm happy he's still able to play.

I didn't buy a Jets jersey and I doubt I'll buy a Vikings jersey.