• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who here likes vodka

BTB,

Why you wanna hate on Grandpa's vodka like that? :)

For me it's Smirnoff, Tonic, Ice & Wedge o' Lime. Yum, Yum, Yum ! :thumbs:

Just remember that drinking just to get drunk is like having sex only to procreate.

Flawless! :laugh:

I can't understand people who wish to just get lit while not actually enjoying what they are drinking.

Funny Whopper!

I am picking up some knowledge here

AVB....as usual very keen and informative. Thanks for the info......now that the thread is in the proper place :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the answers

the prize is a sampler of Gray Goose and Pravda Vodka with two neat glasses.
I received two of these as a thank you from a thing I did this weekend.
I thought I would keep one for myself and give one to a BOTL here

I am torn between Punk Lawyer and TPC

If you guys want this then the first one of you to respond gets it

Thanks everyone for the answers

the prize is a sampler of Gray Goose and Pravda Vodka with two neat glasses.
I received two of these as a thank you from a thing I did this weekend.
I thought I would keep one for myself and give one to a BOTL here

I am torn between Punk Lawyer and TPC

If you guys want this then the first one of you to respond gets it

Nice play dude...give them to me THOUGH!! :laugh:

I never tried this but I was told that any cheep vodka ran through activated charcoal filter (brita) can tast just as good as a high end vodka. But then again I drink my vodka with kaluha and cream.

Vice nice play, beyond the band!!! :) Does this mean I win? :cool:

I never tried this but I was told that any cheep vodka ran through activated charcoal filter (brita) can tast just as good as a high end vodka. But then again I drink my vodka with kaluha and cream.

The Dude abides

BigLebowski128.jpg

Yes TPC you win the prize

Get me your addy

Thanks all I am looking forward to giving the other sampler a go

Thanks again! I received it last night along with a couple of extras! :D I will sample both when I get home tonight. :)

Ok so I tested these out last night. Grey Goose and Pravda. Going into the tests, I thought maybe Pravda would be the cleaner smoother or the two. Having not tried it before, I was quite surprised. I actually enjoyed the grey goose more. The Pravda was leaving me with some sort of aftertaste...almost grainy in a way...not sure exactly how to explain it. It was hard to tell which was "cleaner" than the other.

So then I mixed each up to my drink of choice...the gimlet. I first tried the Pravda, and it was fine, but again some sort of aftertaste I wasn't expecting. Then I did the same with the GG, and I felt the GG was a better mixer.

Really I think a better test would be Pravda or GG versus Absolut or Smirnoff. I normally drink 3 olives, and on occasion Tito's Handmade.

In between I had a Rocky Patel Edge Sumatra, which I found to compliment both drinks very well. I may just be biased to the GG, so I will have to purchase a bottle of Pravda to try and prove it out one way or the other. All in all, was fun to do, and thanks very much for the opportunity!

If you can get a hold of Crater Lake Vodka you will find one of the best Vodkas out there. Great flavor and smooth. I like my vodka chilled but it you are tasting I like them at room temp.

I don't drink Vodka straight. I always mix it.

My Vodka of choice is Stoli's. It has the classic "rubbing alcohol" smell and taste, but it mixes very very well. Plus it gives a great buzz and no headache.

Little bump...

Tito's Vodka is a winner in my book. Kick's the crap out of Belv, GG, and others.

Not to mention a 1.75 runs about $27 bucks..

If your mixing, grab the Smirnoff red label. It's a perfectly good vodka and the price is right.

The smoothest vodka I have had the pleasure of tasting is Pearl. It's available here for $20 a 1/5 and puts others to shame in smoothness. The taste really isn't there, but if your going for pure taste, Smirnoff red would win. Which is why it has won so many awards.

Goose has certainly ridden the coattails of it's advertising for years, but when it comes down to it, it tastes pretty damn good and has little burn. I tend to think all the premium vodka's are certainly palatable, and it just depends on your individual tastes.

I haven't met a lot of people who really LOVE vodka deep down. It takes a special kind of person to look past the burn to figure out what they really like about the flavor.

The vodka martini was once my drink of choice, but when I really payed attention I realized that everything I liked about the martini could be made better with gin. I still can enjoy many vodkas on the rocks with a splash of lime, but I leave the "neat" sipping to more complex liquors like bourbon.

Just my 2 pennies :)

+ however many it is now on Tito's. Very good vodka!

There's another Texas vodka now, Dripping Springs, which is also very good. More "grainy" than some, which I find I like. Tasty stuff.

Grey Goose is probably the smoothest, best-tasting vodka I've had. For sipping straight, chilled, it's a great pick. Reyka, the Icelandic vodka, is excellent . . . especially if you like a bit of burn.

I like vodka on the rocks, generally, with tonic and lime. Goes surprisingly well with most cigars.

~Boar