• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who Really is the Oldest Cigar Producer?

CigarInspector

Hedonist.
Came across an article stating the oldest cigar making family in the world is in Toronto, Canada of all places? Can this really be true? Anyone heard of or know of cigar makers with an older tradition? 

CigarInspector said:
Came across an article stating the oldest cigar making family in the world is in Toronto, Canada of all places? Can this really be true? Anyone heard of or know of cigar makers with an older tradition? 

OldWestChris said:

Echo :whistling:

So anybody know the answer? Seems like it would be a Spanish maker.

It's really going to depend on how one defines it. Has Gurkha been around since 1887 or just the last decade or so? Are we looking at companies, or families? Do families have to have every generation participate to 'count'?

Dennis (aka CigarInspector),

I noticed that both CigarInspector and OldWestChris are posting under the same IP.  OldWestChris also has accounts setup on numerous tobacco related forums, to which all appear to be promoting the website truetobacco.

I am well aware of SEO tactics, and we all want Google to index our sites on page 1.  Unfortunately this is considered black hat SEO, and Google will blacklist you for it.  CigarPass is designed to a true community without people using it to promote their sites.  By the way, Google will now demote your site for forum spam.  While back links play a role in how well you rank in Google, they are by far less valuable today then ever before, and can certainly hurt the rank of your site.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Rod

Hi Rod,

Completely sorry about that.  I was showing a friend/partner the forum while he was over and was helping him with posting and questions etc. Will tell my friend Chris not to post here anymore or to create an account and post from his own IP.  Again greatly apologize for the miss understanding and again there is nothing malicious going on here and Ill let my buddy know he needs to fix the issue.  Thanks for your patience Rod on this issue and sorry about all this mix up and the 1 double post.

Best
Denis

CigarInspector - please explain how that unusual identical cut-n-paste double post occurred days apart?