• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who wants to herf with pete johnson..

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no piling on Pete or "stirring" the pot.

Two guys stated they would like to go but because Pete will be there, they will not attend.

That, as far as I am aware, is just an opinion.

Brian

Two guys stated they would like to go but because Pete will be there, they will not attend.

Brian

You are correct Brian. Yet there is a time and place for every opinion, this unfortunately was neither the time or the place (thread).
Respectfully - :)

Brian

You are correct Brian. Yet there is a time and place for every opinion, this unfortunately was neither the time or the place (thread).
Respectfully - :)
That is your opinion Jeff... :laugh:

It's all good.

Brian

Some quiet dissent had been made and it looks to me like Lurch and Rebel Herfer are the guys starting the conflict back up. You guys could have attended, shown your support, and let the comments slide without amplifying them. If you guys want to "blamestorm" seems to me there's plenty to go around. If you don't like a comment someone has made.....ignore it! Vote with your attendance and pocketbook....which ultimately is what we all do.

Maybe if you did a little more reading and a little less posting you'd know that since I'm in Iraq defending your right to be a pissant on the internet, I can't go to this little shindig.... Stick your nose somewhere else because I know my shit stinks and I don't need you to tell me so....

Some quiet dissent had been made and it looks to me like Lurch and Rebel Herfer are the guys starting the conflict back up. You guys could have attended, shown your support, and let the comments slide without amplifying them. If you guys want to "blamestorm" seems to me there's plenty to go around. If you don't like a comment someone has made.....ignore it! Vote with your attendance and pocketbook....which ultimately is what we all do.

Maybe if you did a little more reading and a little less posting you'd know that since I'm in Iraq defending your right to be a pissant on the internet, I can't go to this little shindig.... Stick your nose somewhere else because I know my shit stinks and I don't need you to tell me so....
Wow! This was just an "opinion" discussion until your outburst. Totally uncalled for and IMO, you ow B.B.S and apology.

Brian

Maybe if you did a little more reading and a little less posting you'd know that since I'm in Iraq defending your right to be a pissant on the internet, I can't go to this little shindig.
...and, maybe if you did a little more reading, you'd find I'm a strong supporter of the brave folks in harms way defending all our rights....even the ones that can't express an opinion without going personal.

B.B.S.

Mike thats not really a reasonable argument. I am sure 90% of the people here have no idea where I am from and my location is non-specific, why would you be treated differently? Your comment was over the line. This thread should get back to the topic of Marc's event, whether people care to attend or not.

This thread should get back to the topic of Marc's event, whether people care to attend or not.
I agree 107%. As I said from the get go, Marc and his firm are class acts and I hope this event is successful for them.....personal feelings aside.

Back on topic, gentlemen - B.B.S.

I wish I could attend this function as it sounds like a great time and quite frankly, I would like to meet the guy who's name alone generates meltdowns.

Good luck with this event Marc, I know it will go well :thumbs:

My comments were a little over the line and for that I'm sorry. I just had some time to go out back and grapple with a couple of my peons so I'm pretty sure all the stress and anxiety from this place are out of me.

Damn I miss this place! Sounds like a pretty nice event Marc has in the works here. All that attend enjoy!

D/FW BOTL... looking forward to herfin' with ya SOON...

mac :thumbs:

My comments were a little over the line and for that I'm sorry. I just had some time to go out back and grapple with a couple of my peons so I'm pretty sure all the stress and anxiety from this place are out of me.
:thumbs:

Be safe there brother!

Brian

Guys what happened between Pete and I is straight as far as I'm concerned. The members of the board certainly have a right to speak their minds without being flamed or attacked because of their opinions. Honestly, the trip sounds great and I would go if I could and smoke as many of Pete's cigars as I could :D . Hope you guys have fun!

Al

Let's not play the "I've been there and done this" card Y'all would lose. BBS is an upstanding member of this community and if you had read more of his posts you'd see that and that he is a supporter of the troops. Your statement was uncalled for IMO and I'm hoping you can reach some kind of conciliation by PM. We do not have to know your business unless it starts to effect the board.

Edit: I guess I should read all the posts before commenting. My bad....carry on.

Apology accepted, Mike - a good smoke and a fine beverage, on me, anytime you find yourself in the Pacific Northwest...... :thumbs:

Be safe - B.B.S.

Guys,

This is getting really old. What happened between Pete and Al is done and over with. Let's ALL move on and put this behind us. This "I'm not smoking Pete's cigars" or "Hey leave Pete alone" BS is really getting old. It is putting a major gap between this community, and it is totally uncalled for. It's unfortunate the whole fiasco had to unfold here, but it did. No, it's not ok for someone to post negative comments on someone's herf thread, regardless if Pete is attending or not. This is nothing new - it is inline with CP's established rules. It goes along the lines of "baiting" or otherwise trying to start trouble.

This is an open forum, however there is no need to continue to trash someones thread/event because Pete is hosting/attending an event. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's time everyone moves on and past the whole Pete/Al debate. I am not going to allow this to continue and watch BOTL's turn into enemies over this.

MarchSheldon: Please feel free to start a new thread for this event.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.