• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Who'll stop the rain

All the wet circuits have thrown me into telco hell. All the carriers are bringing in techs from several other regions to help clear the backlog of problems.

OMFG, sun! :0 Beautiful, beautiful sun! :love: Please let this last 1 more hour so that I may drive home with the top down.

Top down? I'm just hoping it stays dry enough that I can open the window and smoke a cigar on the drive!

I just moved to Broome County, Binghamton. Broome County is in a State of Emergency due to the weather. The Chenango River & the Susquehanna River have bothe crested. Wilkes-Barr, Conklin, Vestal, Hancock, Deposit are all flooded.... From what I am hearing, the National Guard has been called in and has actually plucked people off of the roofs of some homes. A bridge that normally is used for foot traffic only is closed and the water has crested over the top of it. People have evacuated their houses and have put furniture on the front lawn.

You know things are bad when CNN does a live-feed from your neighborhood

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/06/28/east.flood/index.html

I just moved to Broome County, Binghamton. Broome County is in a State of Emergency due to the weather. The Chenango River & the Susquehanna River have bothe crested. Wilkes-Barr, Conklin, Vestal, Hancock, Deposit are all flooded.... From what I am hearing, the National Guard has been called in and has actually plucked people off of the roofs of some homes. A bridge that normally is used for foot traffic only is closed and the water has crested over the top of it. People have evacuated their houses and have put furniture on the front lawn.

You know things are bad when CNN does a live-feed from your neighborhood

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/06/28/east.flood/index.html

Wow, I'm surprised I haven't heard more about the situation on the news. It's sad to think about the father jumping in after his son was swept away.

I drove the john boat to work this afternoon...

WOW! Rain, what's that? Is that when the sky cries?

I really feel bad for you guys on the wrong side of the earth. Come on out to left (the real right) coast. There's plenty of sun for everyone!

Actually it'd be really nice if it stayed in the 70s... what's with this 80s stuff, ugh! ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

edited to add: I'm sitting out on the deck with an SCdH and my coffee. Thank God I have an umbrella to get some shade. :D I know I'm a bastage. ;)

When I was walking my dog this morning, smoking an Aurora Gold, I was thinking the exact same thing, TOO FSCKING HOT! Had to get a non blended iced coffee to cool down ;) It was pretty humid too :)

From Wilkes-Barre's Times Leader newspaper:

Luzerne County officials at about 9:40 a.m. said they expect the Susquehanna River to crest to levels that will test the levee at about midnight and crest sometime shortly thereafter. They told the public to be on standby for evacuation and the river will crest between 36 and 38 feet. The levee protects to about 41 feet. They also noted that several evacuation routes had been compromised and so the public should try to make plans to leave early.

Was just told by my boss that the college campus I work at is completely closed until Monday. Long, long weekend for me...unfortunately that means I am going to lose out on tons of hours this week. The paycheck after my next one isn't going to look so hot...