• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

why are churchills cheaper than rothschilds?

OahuGrown

i was looking at some cigars of the same brand and i noticed that the smaller sizes of that line are more pricey than the longer/larger version of that same line.
i would think that since it's a larger cigar, meaning more leaf and more effort into making it even/uniform would make it more pricey? no?

just wondering

I believe it can go back to popularity, depending on the specific line of cigars you're talking about. Also, some online retailers, such as Famous Smokes, often do price matching. If you find cigars cheaper, there is an option that lets you enter that information. I suppose management evaluates their current prices versus the competition, and many times adjust to match or better said competition. This would, it that instance, result in a cheaper price. I've seen this done several times with Famous, one of my favorite places to get smokes! :)

i was looking at some cigars of the same brand and i noticed that the smaller sizes of that line are more pricey than the longer/larger version of that same line.
i would think that since it's a larger cigar, meaning more leaf and more effort into making it even/uniform would make it more pricey? no?

just wondering
Are you sure it was the same line? Was it a B&M or online? What was the brand?

Tough to say without knowing which cigars you're talking about...

Huh. At first glance it doesn't make much sense, unless someone has serious excess inventory of the Churchills, or there's a typo on the site, and the box really holds fewer cigars than stated, or they mistyped the price.

Haven't had these, but I think I read somewhere that they're similar to the pre/early boom Saint Luis Reys. If so, they're worth smoking. Those early SLRs were some darn fine smokes. Until they weren't.

Huh. At first glance it doesn't make much sense, unless someone has serious excess inventory of the Churchills, or there's a typo on the site, and the box really holds fewer cigars than stated, or they mistyped the price.

Haven't had these, but I think I read somewhere that they're similar to the pre/early boom Saint Luis Reys. If so, they're worth smoking. Those early SLRs were some darn fine smokes. Until they weren't.

i had a chruchhill that came in a tube about 2-3 days ago, it was pretty good.
it was probably the first time i tasted coffee in a cigar, when i first tasted it i was trying super hard to figure out what it was, i later decided that it was some light coffee.
after the whole deal i kinda wanted more so i went on CI to see how much they were going for and i noticed that in little intro for the camacho says it has hints of coffee blah blah, so i guess i really was tasting coffee :D