• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why I Love Cigars

theroberthogan

What is this fresh hell?
Two experiences recently have illustrated why I really love cigars.

The first happened a couple weekends ago when I was staying with some friends. We were huddled around a space heater in the attic, trying to keep our feet warm while enjoying a smoke. I can tell you what we smoked, but that is not hear as important as the quality time just sitting and talking with a friend.

The second happened last night, when my wife decided to join me on the back deck while I smoked my cigar. I built a little fire to keep her warm, and she asked if I had a cigar for her. My wife does not smoke at all, not even a little bit, so it was really special that she would ask to share in my hobby. So there we were in the yard, talking about upcoming plans, playing with the dog and enjoying some good smokes. When the beers ran out before the cigars did, she took the initiative to go in the house and make me a class a scotch. It was one of those experiences that seem so mundane, but mean so much.

I love cigars because they are an avenue to spending quality time with the people in my life who mean something to me. Why do you love cigars?

I love cigars because they keep annoying people away from me.

Doc.

That sounds like two awesome experiences!!!

I love cigars for many reasons, but most of all b/c of how relaxing they are. You could be having the worst day at work, but if you think about the cigar you're going to enjoy when you get off work...man, that makes a world of difference. I also love the 'unkonwn' I love the constant hunt for the next favorite, and the special times that I have with my girl friend....she used to smoke with me a lot more in the dorms, but now that we live in two different places, she doesn't smoke with me at all. A few times this winter she's mentioned wanting to roast coffee with me and smoke cigars. God, I just love hearing her talk about it!! :)

Most of all, I love cigars for what they are and the people they've helped me to meet. :thumbs: (Like all of you)

-Aaron

Thanks for sharing this...
I agree with you, I always try to smoke surounded by friends and discuss about life, how we could make the world change and enjoy a nice cigar and most of the time more than one.

Frenchie

Two experiences recently have illustrated why I really love cigars.

I love cigars because they are an avenue to spending quality time with the people in my life who mean something to me. Why do you love cigars?

That is a big part of it Robert. I just love to smoke with people who love to smoke. It is like a high for me, a herf with a single person or a group makes my year. So much fun and so much comradery.

I also love the art of tobacco. The time and patience it takes to do it right. The mastery of blending and curing and rolling and the many many other jobs in between. I love the romantic notion of this one thing still being done by human hands because no other thing can do it better.

I also love the collection. I love the cigars that to me are the HTF's. I love to see them, to admire them. Like a sports star, they are my "cigar stars". I do like the idea that we need to live life, so occasionally I take from that sacred humidor and cook one of my children, and I love that too.

Oh course I love the taste and flavor of smoking cigars, I suppose that should be a given.

Great topic my friend.

...and for the record, smoking cigars is cool.

I like to smoke cigars because you meet great people in this hobby and the smoke keeps the liberals away! :D

I love cigars because they keep annoying people away from me.

Doc.

what he said

except for the annoying f'ers who don't take hints and love asking questions without listening to an answer before reloading with another stupid question, or just start in like i asked them to tell me a great story that really sucks

Hmm, smoking cigars. Why do I like doing this? hmmm

Well, I like cigars for a few reasons. It gives me sense of ownership. I mean, I feel I maintain something for a long time, it becomes mine. I like sitting down with people I don't know so well and having a smoke. By the end of 48x6 you have a nice idea about this person. Sitting down with a nice warm cup of hot coco and a cigar is amazing. In the summer, sitting down with a nice bourbon on the rocks and cigar is nice.

Here is a nice example. Last week I found a guy selling a humidor on Craigslist. I went by his place to grab it. Then next thing I know, we are down in the basement talking about his new vinotemp and our thoughts on cigars. He even gave two of his forbidden sticks, just cause. Now, Chris is a guy I chat with from time to time.

I appreciate how much time and effort is put into something so small as a cigar. You spend years making a single cigar. You perhaps store it for longer. You then enjoy it in an hour. That just amazes me.

-Gianni-

I like to smoke cigars because you meet great people in this hobby and the smoke keeps the liberals away! :D

Some of us liberals enjoy cigars as well. :rolleyes:
I'm a liberal and I'll bet I smoke more cigars than you. I'm also pretty sure I own more guns than you. Don't stereotype people; it'll bite you in the ass every time.

Doc.

For most of the reasons stated above, the art of tobacco being one of the main ones.

I enjoy cigars for the people and the cigars them selfs, there is so much in a cigar that makes it more then just a smoke. The people are some of the best you will ever meet.

I like the smell of my hand cupped over my nose and the taste on the roof of my mouth....hours after the smoke is long gone.

I like cigars b/c it gives me another excuse to go outside under the stars & ponder life, the universe & everything.

Cigars help me to relax and just enjoy the time of the cigar in my hand. I've heard from people that I've admired to just "stay in the moment". I've been able to achieve this, but having a cigar in my hand helps me to do so. I watch how it burns and simply enjoy the nuances of whatever brand I may be smoking at the moment. I don't know that I can tell the subtleties that others can, but with each cigar I've enjoyed, I bring that experience to the next.
Some people enjoy wines and micro brewed beers...I can't drink. I've used up that dance card.

Cigars allow me to enjoy something created by somebody that intended it to be great (or at least pretty good). It's probably why I keep on wanting to buy more of them...and to seek out others that enjoy them as well.

When I first started smoking it was always my buddy and I would sit outside and ponder about the bullshit in the world. This was right after he had been in the Navy for the 4 previous years(Went right outta high school) so it was nice having the best friend back in town.

The experience makes the cigar, not the other way around.

Why I smoke Cigars?

To that there are many answers to that. The one that comes to mind right now is it allows me to relax and enjoy time with friends. Being deployed my friends and I enjoy a smoke sitting outside our workplace to talk and BS about stuff other than work. To talk about what is going on in each other lives outside of work. I do not think I would be as close to these guys if it were not for the Cigars we smoke. I cherish the times I have with my friends when it comes time to smoke.