• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why ISOM's suck

What I like is how the European Cigar Cult Journal almost always rates Cuban cigars.

0 - 5 stars

Why? Because as they also always usually state, that either you get a dog-rocket or mana from the gods and that it can happen from stick to stick in the same box.

Cuba has great cigars no doubt about it, but they still have HUGE QC issues across the board that you just don't find in 99% of comparable Non-Cuban cigars.

I do have to say that my last box purchase of RASCC that I didn't have one bad cigar out of the box, I was amazed and delighted to say the very least.

Obviously you haven't bought and had to suffer through a full box of Ghurkas.

Sure have... full box of Gurkha Legend Torpedoes and every single one of them rocked my socks. In fact I really can't remember ever having a poorly rolled Gurkha (well rolled and bad tasting are two different things), and while I don't go out of my way to buy them anymore, I have smoked a crap-load of them in the last 3 years or so.

I've had some awfully tar-filled Gurkhas before, as well as some epic ones. I am sure you could say the same for all brands, no matter where the leaves are grown.

My .02 is that the region for growing tobacco in Cuba that turns into cigars like Vegas Robania, Cohiba etc, has the richest and tastiest soil elements in a cigar that I have experienced. Pure excellence: the Vuelta Abajo. That is what makes a great Cuban great. Thankfully, construction has improved vastly since 99-02, and I am experiencing some excellent cigars from that country once more.

Rollers = Human. Mistakes are made with all the brands, and to trash talk a whole island's cigar prowess on some draw issues seems... odd.

Point taken, I could always make a trip up north, but my mommy wont let me go out after the streetlights come on and it is awfully far to take the 10 speed. Maybe once I finish my art degree and become a broke back filmmaker you can buy me an OpusX at the Casa and I can get you a date with some of that eye candy. :)
Dude,

I'll take a pass. :p

Rock on, Matty. When that day comes, first round is on me.

Wilkey

Some day I hope I have the genius of Ang Lee, and forget about the Hulk movie he made. Anyway I am off to lunch to smoke my daily Backwoods.

I think white potatoes just suck. I can't imagine why anyone would eat anything but a red potato. Every white potato I've ever had was tough as hell, and had no flavor. Every single one in the universe is that way. I'm sure of it. Red potatoes taste so much better I can't believe it. There may be exceptions to the rule, but I haven't found it yet. Red potatoes just whip ass on white potatoes and I think anyone that eats white potatoes is a few fries short of a happy meal.

B.B.S.

<snip>

Listen, I really do want to hear what folks have to say. And yeah, sometimes Cuban cigars suck. Sometimes NCs suck . But that's like saying the sun rises and the moon is in the sky. Let's just think a little about what we want to say and what sort of discussion we want to foster. A good post with good questions or comments that foster lively and topical responses would be a good use of Rod's bandwidth.

<snip>

Good LORD! Should we run our questions by you to see if they pass your idea of good? I LIKE wasting Rod's bandwidth.

I think white potatoes just suck. I can't imagine why anyone would eat anything but a red potato. Every white potato I've ever had was tough as hell, and had no flavor. Every single one in the universe is that way. I'm sure of it. Red potatoes taste so much better I can't believe it. There may be exceptions to the rule, but I haven't found it yet. Red potatoes just whip ass on white potatoes and I think anyone that eats white potatoes is a few fries short of a happy meal.

B.B.S.

I'm pretty sure that they use their super secret strain of White potato in the happy meals. What a conundrum.

<snip>

Listen, I really do want to hear what folks have to say. And yeah, sometimes Cuban cigars suck. Sometimes NCs suck . But that's like saying the sun rises and the moon is in the sky. Let's just think a little about what we want to say and what sort of discussion we want to foster. A good post with good questions or comments that foster lively and topical responses would be a good use of Rod's bandwidth.

<snip>

Good LORD! Should we run our questions by you to see if they pass your idea of good? I LIKE wasting Rod's bandwidth.

Like this one?

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=47399 :whistling:

:laugh:

This thread wins the:

SourGrapesAward.jpg

Idaho potatoes are the best. Ask anyone around. :D

Wishing you all the best from Boise...

Steve

<snip>

<snip>

Like this one?

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=47399 :whistling:

:laugh:

Mmmmm, nah, this one isn't a waste. I'm kind of wondering about Kelly too.

try THIS one for wasting bandwidth. My kind of thread!