• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why it's fun to be a cigar n00b

Jaster

Resident Who-Dat
Because I still get excited when I get shipments like this:

cigars1.jpg

Why I got these:
- I keep hearing that RP Vintage 1992's are great
- I enjoyed the 5 Vegas Gold and I LOVE the Series 'A's, so I thought I'd try something in between
- A friend recommended H. Upmann, and these were really cheap :) (I plan on using them as a "mowing the lawn" smoke)

Wheeeeeee...

Nice buy. The RP Vintage '92s are pretty tasty for the cost.

I've always been a fan of RP 90s, but from what I hear they're both good. If you're looking for something in that price range that will knock your socks off try a Padron 2000 Maduro. They're really great cigars.

[quote name='5 O'Clock Somewhere' post='647811' date='Apr 8 2008, 06:55 PM']I've always been a fan of RP 90s, but from what I hear they're both good. If you're looking for something in that price range that will knock your socks off try a Padron 2000 Maduro. They're really great cigars.[/quote]
Cool. Thanks for the recommendation!

- I enjoyed the 5 Vegas Gold and I LOVE the Series 'A's, so I thought I'd try something in between
The Series 'A' is a pretty good cigar for the price - the Classics have a different taste but are also pretty good, all IMHO. If you like the A, the Padron maddy is a good recommendation, one of my favorite "cheapies". Of course I've quickly become a Padron whore so my views may be slanted... :whistling:

i get excited every time a shipment hits my door, its still good to be a noob. except when i buy cigars that suck :laugh:

Haha I know how you feel bro I bught my first box recently and it was like i won the lotto! If being a noob means that I can be this excited every time i get shipment in, then ill stay a noob forever.

-Pat

Yup, I just wish I wasn't addicted to CBid now. Though the amount of money I spend there pales in comparison to the more seasoned guys here, I'm sure. 90% of the stuff I get is 5-packs, as I'm feeling my way around to see what I like and what I don't like.

5 packs are the way to go for us newbs when we are still trying to figure out what we like/don't like. It's enough to give you a good sample, so you don't get turned off by one bad stick, but it is still few enough that if you don't enjoy them your not out a lot of money and storage room.

5 packs are the way to go for us newbs when we are still trying to figure out what we like/don't like. It's enough to give you a good sample, so you don't get turned off by one bad stick, but it is still few enough that if you don't enjoy them your not out a lot of money and storage room.
Yup, my thoughts exactly. Though even 5-packs can start to fill up a humi pretty quick, as I'm finding out...

Yup, my thoughts exactly. Though even 5-packs can start to fill up a humi pretty quick, as I'm finding out...

NOW you know why I said Buy a big(er) humi in your intro thread! :laugh:

Those RP Vintages are great - I recommend looking for the 'seconds'. They're usually MUCH cheaper, and still taste just the same. Yummy sticks.

I remember that excitement! I remember getting my first 2 boxes of cigars at the same time: two 10-cigar boxes of RP '90 and '92 Vintage Churchills in glass tubos. I was so excited I could feel my heart beating like crazy! :laugh: I slowly opened the boxes and took about a million pictures.

Now here it is a few years later. I recenly got a box that had a total of 15 VSGs, 5 God of Fires, 5 La Aurora Sapphire tubos, and a 20ct humidor. I opened, counted it all, then set it aside and went back to reading my book. :laugh: I guess the magic is gone.

NOW you know why I said Buy a big(er) humi in your intro thread! laugh.gif

You weren't kidding, were you? Yup, it's getting mighty crowded in there already. And I have another shipment on the way this week! (5er of some Indian Tabac Super Fuerte maddies, and another 5er of the Series A's). I guess my next order should have another humi in it...

[quote post='648980' date='Apr 10 2008, 08:11 AM']Those RP Vintages are great - I recommend looking for the 'seconds'. They're usually MUCH cheaper, and still taste just the same. Yummy sticks.[/quote]

Cool, I've been wondering about the "seconds". They come up a lot on CBid, and I didn't know if they were worth it or not. I'll give them a shot - thanks!

I remember that excitement! I remember getting my first 2 boxes of cigars at the same time: two 10-cigar boxes of RP '90 and '92 Vintage Churchills in glass tubos. I was so excited I could feel my heart beating like crazy! :laugh: I slowly opened the boxes and took about a million pictures.

Now here it is a few years later. I recenly got a box that had a total of 15 VSGs, 5 God of Fires, 5 La Aurora Sapphire tubos, and a 20ct humidor. I opened, counted it all, then set it aside and went back to reading my book. :laugh: I guess the magic is gone.

Good lord, that must have been a nice chunk of change... Some impressive stuff, to be sure.

i am excited too...i get my first shipments from CigarBid either today or tomorrow.

First shipment
556266 CAO Gold Maduro Churchill (20 sticks) at $64.00
555609 La Aurora 1495 Series Cameroon '94 Corona 5er at $19.00
555111 Gurkha Fuerte Toro - 12 Cigars at $43.00
555075 5 Vegas Series 'A' Atomic - 5-Pack at $13.00

Second shipment
557238 Gurkha Fuerte Torpedo Grande - 5-Pack at $17.00
555867 Gurkha '8-Year Aged' Legend Torpedo 5er at $23.00

mmmm... this site is the devil :evil:

I still find myself actually having dreams about cigars I want to try.

Maybe that never goes away...

i am excited too...i get my first shipments from CigarBid either today or tomorrow.

First shipment

Second shipment

To save on shipping you might want to select the option of saving all your orders and shipping them out on Thursdays. I usually get them the following Tuesday or Wednesday. That way you only pay 1 shipping fee per week instead of a whole bunch of separate ones.