• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Why Not Just Use Tap Water?

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
I am in the process of restoring my many Credo humidifiers and in doing so, found that the pressure from the tap makes for a very quick fill of my humidifiers. Why not just use tap water? Would the harmful chemicals and minerals have a seriously derog. effect on the cigars?

The minerals from tap water will clog the foam in the Credos. :thumbs:

The minerals and the crap that's added to tap water would really hurt not only your Credo's (quicker to rot and just plain nastiness), but your smokes would suffer as well.  I get a gallon of distilled water at the store for like 2 bucks.  

What I do is this:

I buy one of those 50/50 mixes (some of you guys will throw a fit for me buying it, I know I can make it myself, but I'm lazy :p).  I do one Credo with that, then the rest of the year, I use plain Distilled water (usually refill about once a month).  Then I clean the Credo (rinse and let dry), then do the 50/50 all over again.  Been doing that for the past 6 years wihout problems.  

Some people do it differently, but the way I have been doing it has worked for me.  It may not work for you....  The thoughts that have been presented are not endorsed in any way blah blah blah  :p

-Tony

Toni... RoFLMAO.... too classic! You MUST live in Cali... we all hedge our bets out here, and never say anything we cant take back if sued!

Firestorm said:
Toni... RoFLMAO.... too classic!  You MUST live in Cali... we all hedge our bets out here, and never say anything we cant take back if sued!
hehehe, I actually USED to live in CA, out in Lodi..  Where the zinfindel wine flowed freely, the breakfast burritos were always fresh and the cigars came from some little shop in the middle of town :p

-Tony (with a y, i makes me a female :p)

Tone, my brothuh, you be Sssssssmokin'!!!

What a trip (I just love that, with a y, i makes me a female) Bwaaaaahahaha :p

I bought the 50/50 as well, it was easier for me than trying to find someplce around here that actually sold PPG. As for the water, I used RO water (Tap water that has been forced through Reverse Osmosis) and if it clogs my foam, I may never know, as I feel I will be replacing the foam by that time anyway :D

Afterall, the foam is cheap!! But I did buy a gallon of distilled that I will use to recharge from now on. My Igloodor stayed at 69% and my Span Cedar Humi stays at 65% with the same mixture. I would say either is dang neer perfect, but if I keep my ISOMS in my Humi and my Non-ISOMs in the Igloodor, my smoking pleasure will allways be tempered with just the right amount of H2O, I think :p

Oh, one more thing......

I drop the water into the "credo" with a syringe so as not to wash away my PPG. If you hold it under the 'Phacett' and let the tap fill it, you will wash away the good stuff (IMHO) :D

True true, don't drown the Credo.... I have a squirt bottle and just squirt a little cigar juice in there and it's good to go.

But PB, why are you shooting up with the 50/50 solution? :p Don't you know by smoking, you're already soaking up the juice? heheh

PuroBrat, are you refering to the Brita tap water filters when you say reverse osmosis? I wonder if that would do....

Brita doesn't get out all the impurities in H2O. I believe PB is talking about a whole addition to his water intake flow. RO is good to drink and shower in, and since PB says his smokes are fine and dandy, then maybe that'll work.

But I do know RO systems are major $$$$ for just cigars. I'd just invest in the 2 dollar gallon of Distilled Water.... Lot cheaper MPC....

hey, has anyone else noticed we've got abbreviations for just about everyones name on the board? :p

Firestorm said:
* HUGE GRIN*  not everyone.....I am still FNG :)  some names just stick !
Still FNG...you're right, it does stick!!! :p

Emo
:lookup: :lookup: :lookup:

Er Emo... your quote was off... is your intense training at the school skewing your cut and paste? :p

FNG was NOT in my quote... trust me! :D