• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

whynter 251 cigar humi help

bill.u

Hi Guys/Gals

I have just ordered whynter 251, wondering If anyone has  had any experience with this humi/cooler , do I require beads etc etc
Any assistance would be great thank you.

Beads would be the simplest way to humidify your cigars in the Whynter.

Cool thanks,

I was wondering If any one has one , or what to expect here In Australia we dont have much in the way of temp controlled humidors etc.

bill.u said:
Cool thanks,

I was wondering If any one has one , or what to expect here In Australia we dont have much in the way of temp controlled humidors etc.

That's an awfully broad question.
What to expect in terms of what?
Setting it up, pladtic smell....?

jfields said:

According to the owner's manual, it has a tray that you add water to. Have no idea if there is any sort of substrate in the tray. 

http://www.whynter.com/Upload/ProductManuals/CHC-120S%20and%20CHC-251S%20User%20Manual%202014.pdf
Looks pretty straightforward and easy.
I'm thinking what Dan pointed out isn't going to be the best thing. Beads would probably give you the best, don't have to mess with it humidity control.

Yea, I was wondering about that. Seems to me that if he uses beads, he'd have to really spread them out. I think the bead destructions say no thicker than one inch.

Cool so beads it is another person had for me try boveda packs, have not had much experience with that but  I suppose I will give It a go .

Quick question  probably a dumb one but....
Would it need to be seasoned or not ?

bill.u said:
Cool so beads it is another person had for me try boveda packs, have not had much experience with that but  I suppose I will give It a go .

Quick question  probably a dumb one but....
Would it need to be seasoned or not ?

I think that model has cedar shelves.
The shelves would need to be seasoned..And if you add any additional cedar that would also need to be seasoned.

Yea, you'll have to season the shelves inside the unit. I'd say in that case, the supplied tub is good but I might add another wide shallow and stable bowl of distilled water.
Just set them in the unit and let it sit a week or two.