• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wierd Split

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
Over the weekend I went through each box, drawer and bin in the humidor.  Sort of the annual check for bugs, humidity issues and such.  I found this cigar in a box with 13 cigars in it.  The rest of the cigars were fine and looked looked fine.  I must admit I have never seen one like this before.  It is a box from 2012.  Just weird so I thought I would share.  No real way to salvage.  Such a smooth split it looks to have been sliced with an exacto knife.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12677]

The way it's swollen makes me think it got wet or at least damp.  Is that a possibility?

That is odd. Wouldn't expect such a clean split from excess moisture. No signs of warping or water damage to box?

I have never seen anything like this... Looks like a "dud"...

Really odd, nothing else in the box was the least bit wet and that particular cigar showed no signs of being exposed to liquid moisture. Nor has it been in that position to the best of my knowledge. The split stops at the band. A new one on me. Maybe a spy hid something in it and took it out after arriving in country. Bahaha

Bad news man, I saw it in a movie. There's probably a dead spider looking thing with a long tail somewhere near. Best bet is call Sigourney Weaver and get the hell out of there!

What's the line from where it split up to the band?  I was going to ask if it split along a vein, but it doesn't look like it did.

Very strange.  I would've thought to only see something like that along a vein.  Or at least if it started, then a vein would stop it somewhere.  It does look like a razor blade sliced it.

Interesting, but I don't have a clue what would cause something like that.

It looks as if it was on the edge of the box, and someone decided to cut the cello with a blade along the lid and went too deep. Or maybe someone was going to roll a high end blunt and decided not to  :laugh:

tomthirtysix said:
It looks as if it was on the edge of the box, and someone decided to cut the cello with a blade along the lid and went too deep. Or maybe someone was going to roll a high end blunt and decided not to  :laugh:

Sounds plausible to me.

whylieineedacigar said:

Sounds plausible to me.

That's what I was thinking.  Either opening the box or cutting a wrapper from a bundle at the factory and going too deep.

Update, I took the band off after letting it sit out for a couple of days, cut the split off and smoked the nub.  Wasn't bad.  To me it does look like it was cut with a blade since the split was not along any noticeable veins.  I am sure I would have noticed it was split when I smoke the others in the top layer of the box, so maybe it was only scored or something like that and over time it picked up enough moisture to make it split along the score line. 

billytpage said:
Bad news man, I saw it in a movie. There's probably a dead spider looking thing with a long tail somewhere near. Best bet is call Sigourney Weaver and get the hell out of there!

I did however find a spidery looking thing next to the humidor with layers of sharp teeth stone dead.

This is a weird split...

wpid-img_4213986064886.jpeg

:laugh:  cute tomato art.