• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wifes got the flu

npedersen

The wife has got the flu or something that has made her more demanding and bitchy than ever, anyone that has the secret home help would be great!

Tried the whole fluids and such. . .

Ya sure it's the flu? Check the lunar calendar.

Doc.

Stolichnaya - it may not help the flu but it makes the "symptoms" more tolerable. ;)

I second the Stoley's vote.....I'll take her dose if she doesn't want it!!!! If she's not hurlin', a shot of any good alcohol and lots of sleep is the best bet. If she's hurlin and/or trottin' ...... keep your distance, keep the kids occupied, and let her get what sleep she can. Good luck!!!

Hot toddies.

Notice that was plural. Make however many it takes for both of you to feel better.

Seriously though, I was fighting some flu like stuff a while back and someone recommended a hot toddie. I tried it (drank one a night for a couple of days) and I got over that mess a lot faster than I normally due. YMMV. If you make a couple for you, you'll be feeling better even if she doesn't.

D

It's not too tasty but make a 'tea' by simmering some fresh garlic (natural antibiotic), fresh sage, lemon and water on the stove for a few minutes. Strain and add a butt-load of honey (makes it more palatable in my opinion). Drink as much of the crap as you can force down your gullet a day until you feel better :laugh: . I like to use fresh homemade tea instead of water :thumbs: .

I have a tried and true method (for adults only). Pour three fat fingers of bourbon. Slowly sip and then take a hot shower. Toss two or three extra blankets on the bed and settle in for a good nights rest. Your bedroom will stink like a distillery in the morning, but she'll feel a hundred times better. BTW, it works for colds too.

I have a tried and true method (for adults only). Pour three fat fingers of bourbon. Slowly sip and then take a hot shower. Toss two or three extra blankets on the bed and settle in for a good nights rest. Your bedroom will stink like a distillery in the morning, but she'll feel a hundred times better. BTW, it works for colds too.

This is the same idea as the hot toddie. It worked for me a couple of times. All alcohol jokes aside, you really should give it a try.

D

A shot of Patron Anejo with an Airborne tablet in it, three times a day!

Works for me.