• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Will this work

dirtyd21

I have an upcoming camping trip and i am planning on bringing three or so cigars. I am trying to figure out what to store them in without spending too much money. What i was thinking is buying a a old cigar box from my local B&M for a dollar and maybe throw a hydration pack in there. My problem is i have no idea if this will work, what do you think?

I have an upcoming camping trip and i am planning on bringing three or so cigars. I am trying to figure out what to store them in without spending too much money. What i was thinking is buying a a old cigar box from my local B&M for a dollar and maybe throw a hydration pack in there. My problem is i have no idea if this will work, what do you think?

I would recommend putting the cigars in a ziplock bag, like the kind you get from the B & M when you buy just a few cigars. That will keep them just fine for a few days. If you are having an extended trip, just throw in a small humidity pak.

A ziplock bag, or a tupperware container, or both will probably work just fine. Some vendors also sell Cigar Caddy travel humidors for $20-ish.
I don't think a cigar box will do much to maintain your humidity.

Anything mentioned would work better than a cigar box.

What sort of camping are you doing? I would recommend a ziplock inside of some sort of tupperware. The bag provides humidity control and the tupperware will provide a measure of safety should the cigars get tossed around in a back pack.

I have a 2 stick otterbox that I love for day trips, it is solidly built and seals tight. For longer trips I have a 10 count otterbox and a tupperware that has the ears that fold over and lock.

I do a combo. Ziplock for that great seal and then a lesser quality container for the non crush factor.

I would put them in double ziplock bags. if you are worried about them getting crushed, then go ahead and put the double bagged cigars into a small cigar box with some other type of padding which will keep them from rustling around.

Yea i am going to be backpacking so i will probably put them in a ziplock as well as a tupperware.

Thanks for the help guys!