• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Windows 8? Who's running it?

Fishin345

So now that windows 8 is out and I have the chance to up grade for $15 with buying my new laptop, is any one running it and if so is it worth the hassle?

My son has it on his new laptop and no one here likes it. Can't figure out how to download any of his games to it since there is no toolbar on the bottom where you can access everything.

I think it's well worth it if you don't mind something new. It's a completely new interface, so it takes a little learning. Play with it a bit and it's all pretty easy. Moving the mouse to the corners isn't very intuitive, but once you do it once, you see how it works. I've got it on one laptop that the wife and kids use, primarily, and they don't have any troubles with it. Most games (and other apps) are installed through the store (free or pay) or you can download as regular and run the installer. The old "desktop" style interface is still there and if you don't like the new start menu (or start screen) there are other options you can install.

I just bought a new gaming computer with Windows 7 Ultimate.

The computer guy told me that they are having some problems with it and that it was designed mainly for touchscreens.

If you have one of the new windows smart phones it is similar. I'm sticking with something sound for now.

Sales did not meet their expectations either. JMO

Thanks guys maybe ill purchase the key at that price and wait to install to they get the bugs worked out.

I have the same upgrade available for my laptop, but I'm waiting for SP1 to be released.

I'm also perfectly happy with Windows 7.

The wife runs it on her laptop, no issues but it is quite different and takes some getting use to

I'm likely going to a Mac now as I've been debating for a while. Win 8 just made the decision easier!