• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Windsor

slip

I searched to try and find some good information on shops in windsor, but didn't find any great results.

I am going there over Thanksgiving with a couple friends, and was wondering if their is anything good in the area to check out. I have been to one before that was conveniently next to the bars, but was rediculously expensive, and I wasn't sure if the ISOM's were even real. I have never smoked an ISOM and would love to try something nice.

Thanks in advance for the help!

There is basically one really reliable shop there.

There is another I would not go to.

I used to live in Detroit and crossed over there a lot to see my wife.

I will try to find the name of the shop, but basically there are two places and one is really fancy and the other more gas station esq..

** note this was before the big anti smoking changes in ON the last year or so.

God i hated the the sigma Pi's at my school. We had a party the day they got kicked off campus.

But anyway, nice to see you, im sure your chapter is much better!

/Delta Chi LaTech 07'

I will try to find the name of the shop, but basically there are two places and one is really fancy and the other more gas station esq..

I'm guessing that you're talking about the La Casa del Habano (more-or-less a Habanos SA franchise) on Ouellette street. On the same street is Ray and Kim's Super Convenience. Both are owned by the same person, and both are HavanaHouse (Canadian distributor for Habanos SA) authorized retailers.

You will be stunned at the prices.

Edit: Ray and Kim's have a tobacco wholesaler's permit. I suspect that the convenience store may not be a 'registered tobacconist' because the major requirements are to not allow anyone under 19 into the store and have at least 50% of sales coming from "specialty tobacco products," i.e., not including cigarettes. The LCDH should meet these requirements handily, of course. This means that the store can display cigars and have a walk-in humidor. Note that it is not allowed for customers to touch the cigar prior to purchase, so don't be offended if you get dogged by a sales clerk in the humidor.

I'm guessing that you're talking about the La Casa del Habano (more-or-less a Habanos SA franchise) on Ouellette street. On the same street is Ray and Kim's Super Convenience. Both are owned by the same person, and both are HavanaHouse (Canadian distributor for Habanos SA) authorized retailers.

You will be stunned at the prices.

I believe both places are licensed as tobacconists, and thus are exempted from many of the tobacco-elimination strategy legislation.

This is very good to know.

I am looking forward to my next visit there in January.

Thanks for the information. Though I am very suprised both places are owned by the same people. I am glad you opened my eyes and taught me something new tonight.

Thanks for the information. Though I am very suprised both places are owned by the same people. I am glad you opened my eyes and taught me something new tonight.

BTW, if you're coming in January, the "No smoking in a car if there is someone under 16 in the car" law comes into effect in Ontario January 21st, 2009.

BTW2, the two places were owned by the same people a few years ago. I don't know for sure about today.

BTW, if you're coming in January, the "No smoking in a car if there is someone under 16 in the car" law comes into effect in Ontario January 21st, 2009.

BTW2, the two places were owned by the same people a few years ago. I don't know for sure about today.

Oh the joys of living in Ontario. :angry:

Thanks for the quick answers. I'm sure I will pay too much, but I am excited to get my hands on some ISOM's.

Thanks for the quick answers. I'm sure I will pay too much, but I am excited to get my hands on some ISOM's.

I've been to the LCDH there and I, too, spent way too much on cigars. Take it for what it is...something you can't do here in the US. I know I enjoyed the experience.

BTW, baldhead is right, don't touch the cigars. lol

BTW2, isn't it illegal now to advertise cigars/smoking or anything like that now in Windsor? I thought I read an article a while back, like last year, that a ban was starting that no cigars could even be seen from the street (and/or from the entrance of the store????)...including their sign of the store??? Is this correct?

BTW3, have a fantastic time!

BTW2, isn't it illegal now to advertise cigars/smoking or anything like that now in Windsor? I thought I read an article a while back, like last year, that a ban was starting that no cigars could even be seen from the street (and/or from the entrance of the store????)...including their sign of the store??? Is this correct?

More or less. However, LCDH is most likely exempted. For the truly morbidly curious, here's the official FAQ, etc. The "binder" concept is extremely funny (to me).

I was in LCHD about 6 months ago (plus or minus 3).

Half of the cigars in the walk-in had mold on them. The air felt heavy & cold (a.k.a. wet) in the middle of summer, but the RH meter said 68%.

My guess is the RH meter wasn't calibrated recently and this affected many sticks.

So I also went to Ray & Kims and walked out with 60 fewer dollars and 2 more cigars.

Make sure you look at the cigar before you buy it is all I'm saying.

Good luck on the trip across the river.

And thanks for the info everyone.

I am looking for someone to herf with in Ottawa, but I suppose I will have to just go to Windsor.

And thanks for the info everyone.

I am looking for someone to herf with in Ottawa, but I suppose I will have to just go to Windsor.

Hey! I replied to that post! :whistling:

Herfin' with another guy I met on another cigar forum this Thursday, in fact. We even have a cigar lounge here (in Hull).

Another place that I frequent is on Chatham street next to Jason's. They don't have the widest selection, but pretty good. Another place also on Chatham Street and is one block the other way from Ouellette next to Cheetah's sorry for all the stripper bar references. The guy is nice and he'll spend some time talking to you.

BRING YOUR VISA it's expensive though.

Munt.

Its illegal to partake even while in the country?
I don't know the laws very well, just asking..