• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wine clubs

Satchmo

Why do they call it a Power Ranger???
I am not an experienced wine drinker (unless you go by quantity and not quality :rolleyes: ). I've been to a tasting or two to learn a bit. I have just got a flyler in the mail for www.4seasonswine.com wine club. They ship you a case of "hand selected" wines quarterly. I believe it is $120 for a case.

I am curious if anyone has any experience with these. It would be a nice way for me to try different wines, and they say it is such a bargain, yata, yata, crap....

Are these a deal for beginners looking to try some different wines? Or am I just as well going to the local wine establishment and enjoy a chit chat with the help and learing a bit that way?

Quadio

Here's my take ........ I would recommend going to your local wine establishment and talking to the experienced folks who can recommend wines that fit your taste profile. But then again, if your not all that picky and just looking to try a lot of different wines with particular goal in mind it's not a bad deal.

You can learn a lot about wine and your palate by attending tasting events and sampling a lot of different wines. This week my wife and I are attending and working at a large Zinfandel tasting event in San Francisco where there will be over 300 wineries pouring over 800 different wines, all Zinfandel! It's a great way to learn about a varietal and what styles apeal to your palate. Many winemakers, growers and foodies will be in attendance making it a great opportunity to learn from the experts.

:cool:

I am not an experienced wine drinker (unless you go by quantity and not quality :rolleyes: ). I've been to a tasting or two to learn a bit. I have just got a flyler in the mail for www.4seasonswine.com wine club. They ship you a case of "hand selected" wines quarterly. I believe it is $120 for a case.

I am curious if anyone has any experience with these. It would be a nice way for me to try different wines, and they say it is such a bargain, yata, yata, crap....

Are these a deal for beginners looking to try some different wines? Or am I just as well going to the local wine establishment and enjoy a chit chat with the help and learing a bit that way?

Quadio

I agree with Norky Dorky :D

A wine club reminds me of cigar retailers who have similar "buying clubs" where they put together a bunch of crap they're trying to unload. :rolleyes:

I agree with Norky Dorky :D

A wine club reminds me of cigar retailers who have similar "buying clubs" where they put together a bunch of crap they're trying to unload. :rolleyes:
I agree 100%
You can get a lot of wine that you cannot buy in shops in a wine club, But there is a reason you cannot buy it any where but the wine clubs(where is the upchuck smiley face).

I have never used a wine club. My feelings would be generally those expressed above. BUT:

I do have a friend (a couple actually) who joined some club out of CA last year. They have been very satisfied and are now on like a 'month to month' membership. they can cancel anytime - they haven't.

Back