• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wine Coolidor Pics..

Fuscat

I wanted the cooler to sit up at torso level so you don't have to bend down to look/get into it. So I built this cabinet for it to sit on. It looks a little funny on the bottom because I have to use a 2x4 and a 1x2 to prop it up to be level. My basement has angled edging for drainage in case of a flood. Took me a while to get the finishing touches on the cabinet and I didn't want to post pics of it unfinished. Put on the handles & hardware today.

It works really well so far! For around probably $325 for the whole thing cabinet and all I am pretty happy with it!

Anyway here it is:

cab1.jpg

cab2.jpg

Heres a good shot of the cooler itself:

cab3.jpg

Wow! Well done, that's a fine looking humi / cooler
whatever you want to call it. :thumbs:

Brian

Nicely done!

Does the wood cabinet that the wine cooler sits on also store cigars?

I also keep my cabinet humidor elevated. Helps to reduce the amount of dust, dirt, and hair from getting near the door. And it's a hell of a lot easier to open up for a look and sniff.

Man that's a great one I am salivating just looking at it :love:

Thanks for the kind words fellas! I am pretty happy with it for sure!

Tapeworm, nope the cabinet isn't sealed up at this point for cigar storage. Right now it will just be for storing cigar related stuff. Although I had thought about that as a possibility down the road. Wouldn't be too difficult to seal it up with some plexiglass on the inside. I think I saw a pic of that done on here somewhere, and it came out real nice. I still got quite a ways to go to fill the wine cooler up though! (all the boxes are pushed to the front of the shelves!) ;)

If your interested in the setup of this coolidor here is the original thread:

Yet Another Wine Cooler Thread

Looks great!

Are you using the cooling or just letting the basement keep it cool?

I've been using mine for a bit now, but my camera is crapped out and I haven't gotten another yet.

I have discovered my door doesn't seal all the way around, so I'm trying to figure out the fix for that. I think I just need to adjust it, but I haven't had time to mess with it.

One thing I've found is that there definitely needs to be some air circulation in the unit while it is running. Otherwise the bottom gets about 5-10 degrees colder than the top and the humidity drops A LOT. I've got 2 fans rigged to blow from top and bottom on a timer set to come on every hour for a few minutes. I'd like to figure out a way to wire them so they come on when the fridge comes on, but again, the whole time thing.

Looks good how you have it set up. I hope it continues to work for you! Mine's working (my cigars are smoking beautifully), but I think I need a little more tweaking to make it the best it can be.

:thumbs:

Nice setup! Btw, maybe I missed this in the other thread, but how big is that wine cooler?

Looks great Derek! I would look to tint the glass on the chance that any sunlight could hit.

Thanks Alan! Right now, the basement is pretty much cooling it, but I do have the controller plugged in as more of an emergency measure then anything!

My door was the same way. Look at the bottom right hand corner. Mine got a bit messed up here. The side with the adjusting height foot. Looks like they set the box down hard on this side and it bent the hinge piece the door sits on and it created a gap here on mine. I took the door off and the plate off and flattened it back out and it fixed it.

Interesting on the temp thing! I've currently got two Oust fans doing the same thing blowing from top to bottom in mine. Seems like the humidity will drop considerably when the cooling comes on, but it only stays on for a couple minutes and within 5 minutes the humidity raises back to where it was.

Keep me updated on what you do & change to make yours better!!

Spartagas, thanks! I believe it has 3.2 cubic feet of space.

Thanks Bruce, should be ok though, its in the basement and the back faces the wall with a window, and the other window is way over on the complete opposite side of the basement, and all the windows down there have blinds over them. If I ever move though and set it up somewhere else, I will look into picking up some of that tint sheeting you can apply yourself!

Looking sharp so when are you upgrading to a larger humidor? :laugh:

Thanks Loren, but hopefully I won't outgrow this one for quite a while! Theres still lots of space to fill in there, I just have all the boxes pushed to the front so it looks good! :D

While I don't have a nice stand like Fuscat, I finally got a pic of my setup with the same wine cooler.

fridgefront.jpg

If you look closely in the bottom right corner you can see one of the fans I have set up. It's attached to the wall with velcro. It's a 12v blower that I'm running on 4.5v to keep the speed down (at 12v these things could dry your hair!). I have that one and another in the upper left corner. These circulate the air nicely and create no extra heat.

Oh, those boxes are full of mixed singles and 5ers. I am going to rearrange a bit with the top shelf and take out the angle so I have more room. I like the way it looks, but the angled shelf just uses too much space.

Thanks for looking.

I finally removed the angled shelf from my unit as well, it took up just too much space. I have mine organized something like this:

-----> 2 boxes
-----> shelf
-----> 2 trays, side by side
-----> shelf
-----
-----> boxes stacked ~4 high
-----
-----> shelf
-----> boxes, beads

All together I was able to fit about 15 boxes and 2 trays of loose cigars

:cool:

Looks great Alan!! I like what you did with the fans.. where & how does the power supply tie in??

I also like the singles tray! I thought about it but decided to use my desktop still for the singles since getting this running helped me create some room!