• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wine-O-Mite!

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Reaction score
Email from WineGlobe: We ordered 2 cases and the shipping was $63 from CA to PA.

Hello Friends!
You are receiving this email because you have purchased wines or spirits from us in the past, and we wanted to let you know about a very rare opportunity.

WineGlobe is currently in possession of a few thousand damaged label wines. These wines cannot be sold at regular price, so we are selling them in 6 and 12 packs at huge discounts!

Many of these wines are not $5 grocery store brands, but $50, $75, $100+ bottles that are excellent quality, highly sought after, and extremely rare. You will not find these wines anywhere else in the world at these prices. Want examples?

Silver Oak, Caymus, Chateau Montelena, Chateau Lynch Bages, Domaine D'Larlot, Fisher, Veuve Clicquot, Georges De Latour, Stag's Leap, Rombauer, Groth, Arrowood, L'Ecole, BV Tapestry, Ravenswood, Pahlmeyer, Heitz, Cakebread, Havens, Hess Collection, Robert Mondavi, and so much more! Our collection includes every type of wine imaginable--Bordeaux, Burgundy, Brunello, Super-Tuscan, Cabernet, Zinfandel, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Noir, Icewine, you name it! The wines come from all over the world, and range from $10 to over $250 per bottle!

OK, OK. So, let's get down to business...

This is a very rare, and unique opportunity. However, the smart people ask themselves: "How can WineGlobe possibly afford to sell these wines so cheaply?"

The answer is this: These wines are carbon and water damaged after surviving a fire. Don't freak out! It's not as bad as it may seem. Since the fire, we have opened over 100 different bottles in different conditions and determined that the majority are still in great shape. For a more complete explanation about the condition of these bottles, please visit the website at the links below.

Here's the bottom line: At this point, we know you're skeptical. However, there are plenty of people who are not skeptical, and have already placed their orders. This offer will not last for very long. This is 12 bottles of wine for $75, afterall! We want to get rid of these wines quickly, and we are making sure that we get the word out fast. We already have people coming to our warehouse daily to buy these wines. Some have come back multiple times. The expensive wines are starting to disappear. As you read this, thousands of other people have already read the email, and many have already placed orders. We're not messing around. Order quick, or you'll never get these wines so cheaply ever again!

Red Wine 12 Pack

White Wine 12 Pack

Mixed Wine 12 Pack

Red Wine 6 Pack

White Wine 6 Pack

Mixed Wine 6 Pack

No comments? Looks like I've converted all the winos to Scotch :p

Okay, I'll bite.

There's no way I'd do this without knowing more about the conditions. I assume that these are the wines that were considered still salable after the arson at a warehouse in California?

I don't have $75 to blow on a crapshoot like this - I'm sure people do. But the chances that these wines are corked or cooked has to be in the 50% range at least. Then you have to hope they survive shipping in the middle of summer??

You might get lucky with this. But there is a ton of good wine out there in the $7-10 price range. no, you can't get cakebread or caymus, and you'll have to go with some varietals that Americans don't typically drink (garnacha, aglianico, et cetera), but...

Not worth the risk to me. Too much like playing the lottery.

Don't assume anything, click one of the links and read what they say.

Okay, I'll bite.

There's no way I'd do this without knowing more about the conditions. I assume that these are the wines that were considered still salable after the arson at a warehouse in California?

Don't assume anything, click one of the links and read what they say.

I did. That's still not enough information for me. I would want to know how close these bottles were to the fire, et cetera. I realize that they can't tell everything...but it's too vague for me.

A couple of years ago there was a scam where a huy in Florida was doing the same thing after a huricane. I'm not saying this is a scam but buyer beware, cooked wine does not taste good.

:cool:

WineGlobe is a big place with a very good rep so I'd doubt it's a scam and I'm thinking if only half are good we still made out. Guess the wife will find out soon enough.

WineGlobe is a big place with a very good rep so I'd doubt it's a scam and I'm thinking if only half are good we still made out. Guess the wife will find out soon enough.

I'd greatly be interested in hearing what you got and what condition it was in.

Yes, can't wait to hear the res........ what the heck am I saying :0 , I'm saving for Scotch!

:sign:

Well, this arrived a few days ago and I've finished checking all the bottles and what they are worth if in pristine condition. For our $150 investment we got about $470 worth of wine, with bottles ranging in price from $6 to almost $70. Out of the batch 10 look perfect and 8 only have what I would call minor label water damage, 3 with water damage and peeling and 3 in pretty bad shape. We haven't opened one yet but when we do I'll let you know how it was.

Well, this arrived a few days ago and I've finished checking all the bottles and what they are worth if in pristine condition. For our $150 investment we got about $470 worth of wine, with bottles ranging in price from $6 to almost $70. Out of the batch 10 look perfect and 8 only have what I would call minor label water damage, 3 with water damage and peeling and 3 in pretty bad shape. We haven't opened one yet but when we do I'll let you know how it was.

Interesting. If you wouldn't mind, how do the corks look?

We opened the first bottle from our order, a Reynolds 2001 Shiraz. The wife liked it enough to ask if we could get any more easily so I guess that's a good sign. I didn't notice anything wrong with it and thought it was pretty good for a $10-12 bottle.

We opened the first bottle from our order, a Reynolds 2001 Shiraz. The wife liked it enough to ask if we could get any more easily so I guess that's a good sign. I didn't notice anything wrong with it and thought it was pretty good for a $10-12 bottle.

Sounds like it was a good deal .... thanks for the updates Ray.

I decided to check out the deal.
4 bottle had their corks pushed out.
Unfortunately these seemed to be the nicer bottles.
If the other 8 at least taste decent then this is still a pretty good deal.
Thanks Ray for the heads up!

-Rob

-Rob

Okay, that isn't good ..... were there foils on any of the bottles? Also, this isn't shipping season for wine so depending on your areas temperature, damage could have occured during shipping.

Sorry to hear that, I hope the ones that are good are really good for you.

-Rob