• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wineador Build

extremeXconcepts

eXtreme Concepts
So after joining this community I have got allot more involved in cigars. And quickly grew out of my little humidor that I had. After browsing around for some time I came across allot of wineador builds, and I thought wow I would like to build one of those....But I don't need anything that large...So I stumbled upon this 11 bottle Cuisinart cooler and started my own little build. I asked a couple questions in the Shout box and was shut down like usual LOL so I post here in hope people will read and respect my build. Thanks.

First I started with CWC 900 Private Reserve by Cuisinart. I picked up 2 Blue LED computer fans from a friend. And then I stood there and just looked at it. And said NOW WHAT? So what I did was I picked up some 1/2 inch spacers from Home Depot and used these to mount the fans above the base of the cooler, I have the fans blowing DOWN this way it will circulate the air, but not blow to much to dry things out and mess with the RH. Next I picked up a few sheets of Acrylic and made a Drawer for the top shelf, and made 2 more shelves for the other 2. (each level has holes in the Acrylic for air flow. After getting those fit into the cooler, it was time to do a little wiring. So I started by taking the side cover off the cooler to see what kind of space I had to work with. Drilled a TINY hole threw the lower side into the outer compartment and Cut both ends off the fans, spliced them together and ran them threw the hole (sealing it up after) Then I needed to some how convert the power down to 5v to run the fans....So I took a USB wall charger and a USB cable. I cut the USB cable and used the power and ground *and eliminated the other 2 wires in a usb cable (which are for data)* That dropped it down to 5.1v PERFECT! ran the USB wire out the back (due to the lack of room on the inside to mount the plug there) It will be stuck to the back of the cooler. Now it was time to put the side back together. After much thought I decided against a timer. I figure the fans blowing down makes very little movement in the cooler, and its been a few days now up and running and so far so good! RH changes maybe 2% here or there that's tolerable in my book. Now it was time to figure out how to humidify this thing...I was going to go with beads....then boveda packs.....then I was wondering how well it could hold a level RH when its all plastic, and acrylic and stainless steel....Nothing to hold much moisture....So I found the Boveda Cedar 4 pack holder, Now I get that cedar, cedar will hold some moisture and a nice place to put the packs. I grabbed 2 of these one mounted on the bottom and one mounted from the top. I put in 1 digital Gauge and 2 dial gauges to keep a close eye as it was brought up to 70%. Well once it was there it was time to add some smokes and see what happens. It ran for a day and was perfect between 69 - 71 % at 67 degrees. At lunch I stopped at the smoke shop in my area and they gave me a Cedar drawer Bottom Air Flow Spacer. So I added this today, again more cedar, more to hold in some moisture. I also finished off the wires from the fans on the inside with something a little different. I was going to use heat shrink, or wire loom to hide the wire, but I stumbled on this long skinny Stainless SPRING I had and because there is stainless in there already I decided to wrap the wires with that, 1 to hold them down from moving, and 2 I think it looks kind of cool.

Well I know that above JUMBLE of words seems like a LONG ENDLESS SENTENCE but I wasn't really sure how to write it up, Hope at least SOME of this makes sense. 

Here are some pics, MORE smokes will be added in the coming days, I wanted to add them a little at a time to make sure it was going to work correctly.

Here are some pics of the BUILD (Please don't mind some of the RH and TEMP readings, they are due to me opening and working on the unit)

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10542]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10535]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10541]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10538]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10542]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10543]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10540]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10546]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10545]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10544]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10537]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10539]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10536]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10547]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10548]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10549]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10550]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10551]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10555]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10554]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10553]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10552]

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10556]

Pictures are worth a thousand words....and those did it for me!.....nice work, you should be proud!

Im not sure which is sexier....the humidor, or that tool cabinet. 

Nice job ! Let the 'tetris' begin.

Nice! Thanks. Ya I now keep my smokes at work on my box, my son is a little monster at 1 and he was always trying to get into the old humi, so problem solved. 

Yeah, that 15 line sentence was a bit much.  You could have thrown a period or comma in there somewhere.

Very nice setup though, I have that same wine fridge that I am going to setup as an aging humi.

Interesting build, great pictures, but really painful to read.

CigarPass English 101 Assignment #1 : Please look up the word "myn" in the dictionary.

Ok, As I was writing this I was going to myself, man they are gonna rip me up for this, But to be honest I wasn't really sure how to write up what I did, it just seemed to be a HUGE sentence that's why I added that little comment to it. So sorry for the crappy English on that one. Hope the pictures made up for it.

Seriously though, please look up the word "myn".  If you can't find it in a legit dictionary, please make the tiny extra effort that is constantly asked of you.

extremeXconcepts said:
Ok, As I was writing this I was going to myself, man they are gonna rip me up for this, But to be honest I wasn't really sure how to write up what I did, it just seemed to be a HUGE sentence that's why I added that little comment to it. So sorry for the crappy English on that one. Hope the pictures made up for it.
Definitely a wonderful creation.

MoeCizlak said:
Seriously though, please look up the word "myn".  If you can't find it in a legit dictionary, please make the tiny extra effort that is constantly asked of you.

I will, and thank you for making a suggestion and not Blowing up on me. I will be focused on better grammar. The best that I can.

Nice job setting up the humidor Jeff. Couple things I am wondering about is for one what did you use for the bonding of the panels for the drawer? For second are you concerned about any dust and contaminates that are created in the shop to affect you cigars. I would imagine that dust could get in there pretty easily with the amount of dust that is created in an auto body shop.

Paul

Tall Paul said:
Nice job setting up the humidor Jeff. Couple things I am wondering about is for one what did you use for the bonding of the panels for the drawer? For second are you concerned about any dust and contaminates that are created in the shop to affect you cigars. I would imagine that dust could get in there pretty easily with the amount of dust that is created in an auto body shop.

Paul

Ok for bonding the Acrylic together I used this left over Solvent stuff I had from when I was big into aquariums. It's called Solvent welding, after I did this I ran a small bead of a clear sealant along the seams, similar to a fish tank. I to was also concerned with dust of a shop environment, But being in my hutch of my tool box it stays nice and clean, not to mention I am in a multi million dollar Mercedes Benz Body shop where the floors are Zamboni-ed on a regular basis, top of the line air filtration systems in the shop, even a/c for the summer. ITS A "EXTREME"ly clean environment. Not to mention there is no way for any of this to get into the air tight cooler anyway. I also may go into it once a day for a total of 20 to 30 seconds of open time per day. (not sure I should run into a problem with this) if I do I will be sure to post what happened and why. I also have a mini fridge that is outside my box to the left (as seen in pic) that has dual fans on the top blowing in to cool the system. I every month open it up to blow it out, only to find its not that bad at all.

So Paul thanks for the concern and I hope I don't run into that problem.

Jeff

Just a curiosity that's all thanks for the info.

Paul