• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Wineador Question

EliWaynne

Hi,

So I just took a new sponge and wiped the inside of my wine fridge down on the inside with straight distilled white vinegar. I'm letting it sit for an hour or two, then I'll wash it good with distilled water.

I'm going to put some baking soda in the fridge and leave it for a day or two hopefully no more smells.

It's a stupid question probably, just want to make sure I do it right.

Do I turn on the fridge and let it start running while the baking soda is in there? And just let it keep running until the smell is gone and the baking soda asorbed all the smell? Or do I leave it turned off?

Once the smell is gone, if I understand this correctly, it's pretty much done. Now I just turn it on (or leave it on ^^^^) and put boveda packs inside and wait for the humidity to raise to the desired RH. Then I just put cigars inside and I'm done....?

One other question, if I wipe down the metal racks with some distilled water, can I use those inside, or will the metal racks through anything off? I plan on putting some cigar boxes inside also to help the humidity stabalize and add the woody smell to the inside.

Is this all correct?

Thanks,

Eli

You can put the metal racks inside. I don't think I'd wipe them down with water first.

Ok thanks. I discovered something else today while wiping out the inside. I attached pics of what I'm talking about.

With the unit at the back of the fridge, will creating enough humidity for cigars seep into the unit and do anything?

Just wanting to make sure keeping the inside at 65-72% humidity isn't going to do anythjng with an open unit.

Attachments

• 20220629_193453.jpg
    20220629_193453.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220629_193504.jpg
    20220629_193504.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 20220629_193459.jpg
    20220629_193459.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1
72% is to high. Especially in CA where your humidity is low outside.

72% is to high. Especially in CA where your humidity is low outside.
I was just giving a general range for the question. Will the humidity I create inside the fridge affect or do anything to the open grill unit at the back wall of the fridge? Or everything should be fine?

I ignored that part because there are people more qualified than I to answer. I never ran my wineadoe because I keep my house at 68

I was just giving a general range for the question. Will the humidity I create inside the fridge affect or do anything to the open grill unit at the back wall of the fridge? Or everything should be fine?

Nope, you should be fine. The humidity you create won’t have any negative effect on the grill or wire racks or anything else. If you have a shop near you, go see if you can buy or if they’ll gift you some empty cedar boxes. They will help regulate things as well.

What’s the temperature range on your unit?

Nope, you should be fine. The humidity you create won’t have any negative effect on the grill or wire racks or anything else. If you have a shop near you, go see if you can buy or if they’ll gift you some empty cedar boxes. They will help regulate things as well.

What’s the temperature range on your unit?
I have a co-worker bringing me some of her husbands old cigar boxes to put in the fridge. Range is about 47-66 F.

I have a co-worker bringing me some of her husbands old cigar boxes to put in the fridge. Range is about 47-66 F.

That temp range is good. I wouldn’t worry about temps ranging from 60-65, that’s a pretty good temp.

Once you get it up and running, see if there is any condensation, pooling at the bottom. Not sure which one you have, but mine has a drain plug that I covered with tape and sort of routed any condensation, back into my dish of beads.

Ah, I was wondering about that... So I should plan on some condensation building up? I'll be using boveda packs for humidity control.

Mine does have a drain plug on the back on the bottom. I was planning on just taping over it as well.

Ah, I was wondering about that... So I should plan on some condensation building up? I'll be using boveda packs for humidity control.

Mine does have a drain plug on the back on the bottom. I was planning on just taping over it as well.

I’d run it and see how it does. I’m not sure how Boveda packs would differ from humidity beads, that you activate with distilled water. Plug the hole, I used electrical tape because it was black and see if you get any. Then adjust and improvise.

Normal range on those units is like 45° to 66° max. Be surprised it it goes above that. And yeah, run the unit, the fan in the rear won't affect anything. ??? What brand is the unit?

One more question just came up for me.

The wineador is about .65 CF. I'm going to put a couple old cigar boxes on the bottom and stack up my cigars inside. Approx. 100~ cigars.

Should I start with 1 or 2 69% boveda packs?

If you already have two, throw them both in there, should help to stabilize quicker.